Sr Staff Systems Engineer
- The Sharp 10-12 Hogan Place 1st Floor, Dublin, Ireland
- Region: EMEA - Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
· Take ownership of systems: develop, deploy, enhance, and retire them as required.
· Mentor and cultivate skills of other Systems Engineers.
· Manage enterprise infrastructure at scale with code
· Introduce/reinforce software engineering practices and skills to the team and organization
· Instrument services and use data to drive iterative improvements
· Directly interface with internal architects and stakeholders
· Propose new or take part in existing projects across the organization
To be successful in this role, we need someone who:
· Is effective at forming, communicating, and driving a plan, while identifying and accommodating the requirements of internal stakeholders
· Has excellent knowledge of software development methodologies and processes
· Is comfortable designing, authoring, testing, and debugging code in a popular systems language such as Go, Python, Java, Ruby, or C
· Is an excellent oral and written communicator
· Is a competent influencer for disruptive technological change in an established organization
· Has integrity, honesty and can uphold ServiceNow’s values
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.