Performance Technical Support Engineer
- 3250, 3260, 3270 3250 Jay St., Santa Clara, California, United States
- Region: AMS - North America and Canada
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
The Global Technical Support team is diverse, creative, fast-growing team! We provide technical support round the clock. Support Centers are located in Australia, India, Ireland, Japan, Netherlands, UK and US. We are looking for engineers who have
passion for technology, problem solving and eager to help customers. We collaborate with different internal teams to provide great customer experience. We thrive to meet objectives, maintaining work focus despite obstacles or setbacks.
As a Performance Support Engineer, you will enable our customers with your passion and knowledge of the ServiceNow Platform. The Performance Support Engineer will be responsible for managing and resolving the most challenging issues for the ServiceNow Technical Support team focusing on Performance and instance availability. This includes being the last point of escalation within the technical support department and mentoring junior team members in the various technologies.
You will resolve customer issues and provide technical guidance in addressing their business needs. You will be the voice of the customer into ServiceNow product and development teams for product feedback and improvements. You will play
an integral role in building knowledge and be part of strategic initiatives for process improvements.
What you get to do in this role:
- Customer Advocate providing support to users/administrators of our platform. Supporting and contributing to the growth of best practices for delivery of support services.
- Understanding our platform, cloud technologies and troubleshooting practices to ensure successful resolution of challenging technical situations.
- Own and resolve all issues with a high standard of professionalism
- Hands on experience triaging, troubleshooting, resolving and providing root cause analysis for ServiceNow Product issues
- Manage customers' expectations and experience in a way that results in high customer satisfaction
- Develop and maintain technical expertise in assigned areas of product functionality and utilize that expertise effectively to help customers
- Suggest and implement improvements to internal processes and tools
- Work on technical and non-technical projects
- Effectively communicate with customers and internal teams via case, phone and other electronic methods
- Create knowledge base materials dedicated towards operational efficiency while also empowering and enabling the customers
- Maintain impeccable case hygiene and customer related files and records
- Participate in the weekend support on-call rotation
To be successful in this role you have:
- 5+ years of experience within technical support or software coding environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or related technical degree) or former coding Bootcamp completion or equivalent work experience mentioned above
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot difficult technical issues
- Strong Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle)
- Java experience
- Advanced Unix/Linux experience
- Working knowledge of the components in a web applications stack.
- Experience diagnosing performance degradation (e.g. explain plans, database tuning)
- Experience working well in a team environment while also being able to work productively while unsupervised
- Strong personal commitment to quality and customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate solutions to complex technical problems
- Ability to work with high-value customer administrators and developers
- Excellent time management skills
The following additional skills are preferred but not required:
- Experience writing or debugging Object Oriented code (Java preferred, other relevant technologies ok)
- Advanced object oriented programming skills (Java strongly preferred).
- Demonstrated proficiency with the following Technical Skills
- Web Services (consuming or providing) (SOAP, REST)
- Data Extraction Technologies (e.g. JDBC, ODBC)
- Any bi-directional, automated integration between two systems
- TCP/IP, Networking knowledge
- Experience with Splunk
- Understanding of Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
- Understanding of remote administration via SSH, SNMP, WMI, Powershell
- Strong Familiarity with Eclipse IDE
- A fundamental understanding of ITSM, ITIL, and/or CMDB
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.