Software Engineer - Cloud Engineering
- 4400 Carillon Point Floor 4, Kirkland, Washington, United States
- Region: AMS - North America and Canada
- Employee Type: Regular
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
We are seeking a Software Development Engineer, to join our rapidly growing Cloud Engineering team, building highly scalable cloud services.
The team is looking for a passionate software engineer, with a strong track record, who is in search of an exciting environment and innovative technology. You will be a key member of a strong team of developers working on some of the company’s core applications.
You will focus on building a highly scalable and robust cloud automation suite that automates various customer life cycle events like provisioning, cloning, load balancing thousands of ServiceNow customer instances across thousands of server farms globally distributed across the world.
Successful candidates must be innovative, flexible, self-motivated, capable of designing and writing high-performance, reliable, maintainable code. The ability to function under ambiguity in a fast-paced environment is essential. If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment, together with a group of talented engineers to deliver world-class mission-critical systems, this is the career opportunity for you.
To be successful in this role you have:
- Bachelor’s/Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Passionate for and skilled at software development, problem-solving, testing and troubleshooting
- Firm understanding of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and design patterns
- Ability to handle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Exposure to DevOps culture.
- High energy and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Self-starter, with a quick learning curve
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Solid understanding and experience with agile software development lifecycle
- Experience with Linux, Apache/Tomcat, MySQL
- AI and ML technologies
- Cloud technologies and distributed computing
- Linux Internals, MySQL Optimization and Performance Tuning
- Scripting languages (like Perl, Python and bash)
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.