- 7020 W Sunnyview Ave, Visalia, CA 93291, USA
Serpa Packaging Solutions is a world-class U.S. manufacturer of custom, high-quality secondary packaging systems for Fortune 1000 manufacturers of over 14 industries (inclulding pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, personal care, cosmetic, medical device, and food). Our company is located in the hospital Central California city of Visalia in Tulare County, commonly known as the gateway to our nearby National Parks (Yosemite, Sequoia and Kings Canyon). Our line of products include cartoners, case packers, tray packers, robotic palletizers, integration and validation services, and 5-Star service support. Our commitment to service, quality, and innovation has allowed us to serve customers throughout the United States and across the world. And as a privately-owned, family-cultured organization, we are not only very passionate about our products and our service to customers, but also our community and our employees, who truly are the leaders to our company’s success! Serpa Gives Back - our's organization's employee charity program - has proudly and collectively supported over 12 non-profit organizations, and to this day, we continue to remain committed to supporting our community each and every year. Learn more about our team, technology, culture and values by viewing the bottom section of the job posting.
Our Perks + Benefits (include)
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- Competitive pay + health insurance packages (includes medical, dental, vision) + 100% company-sponsored life insurance.
- 401K investment options
- Comprehensive time-off benefits (paid vacation time, sick time, company holidays, and birthdays).
- Innovative design and manufacturing experience working alongside industry professionals at a 30+ year manufacturer of automation systems integrating advanced technology, including Fanuc robotics since 2008.
- Dynamic project work with a customer portfolio of Fortune 1000 manufacturers in over 14 different industries.
- Direct mentorship and training from experienced company staff.
- Team Serpa Events – our company's social events held throughout the year (luncheons, holiday celebrations, team building, sporting events, and more).
- Serpa Gives Back – our company’s yearly and voluntary charity program where members proudly and collectively continue to support over 12 non-profit organizations.
Serpa Packaging Solutions is seeking a self-motivated, proactive, detail oriented Engineer to join our team! Application Engineers work with our Sales and Engineering teams to develop customer project concepts and provide technical product support by configuring Serpa’s packaging solutions that meet customer requirements. Our Application Engineers also take the lead in overseeing and managing revisions during the quoting process. The ideal candidate must have excellent mechanical aptitude, innovative conceptual design ability, collaborative communication skills to work in a team-oriented environment, and drive to meet project deadlines under minimal supervision.
If you have a passion for innovative mechanical design, automation technology, and enjoy working in a team environment, look no further – this opportunity is for you!
- Conceptualize, define, and develop complete technical proposals for custom packaging solution applications for customers
- Lead the proposal development process by reviewing RFQs (Request For Quote) submitted by Regional Sales team. Collaborate with Regional Sales team to understand and verify customer specifications
- Confer with internal Engineering team members (Mechanical and Electrical) to determine system requirements, assess equipment capability, and ensure concepts are feasible and will meet customer specifications. May occasionally confer with customers as well
- Lead and oversee the project quoting life cycle which is comprised of system costing, system layout drawings, and system proposals
- Partner with Inside Sales team involved in the project quoting life cycle (Cost Estimator, Mechanical Drafter, and Sales Assistants)
- Partner with OEMs regarding integration projects. OEMs are from varying industries, including printing, labeling, serialization, vision systems, and robotics
- Develop and maintain an expert level knowledge of Serpa Packaging Solutions product lines
- Remotely provide technical support to Regional Sales team on products and in promoting the sales of company products & services
- Minimum of a two-year degree in a technical field required. Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering desired.
- 3 to 5 years experience in a Mechanical Engineering field.
- Mechanical aptitude to understand packaging automation and company products.
- Experience interacting with customers desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Experience using a CAD program required (AutoCAD experience desired, but not required).
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and understand engineering drawings.
- Ability to produce written and verbal communication at a professional business level.
- Ability to support multiple projects, meet deadlines, and work efficiently with minimal supervision.
Devoted to Innovation
With over 30 years of experience in the packaging industry, Serpa Packaging Solutions is the only U.S. manufacturer able to provide solutions superior to those from European manufacturers. We remain proactive in the packaging industry by offering customers the most advanced technology and features available, which includes integrated FANUC robotics applications since 2008 and rapid changeover technology since our inception. We are a pioneering and growing company that continuously invests in research for the development of new products and services for customers. Our line of patented products includes our P320 High Speed Casepacker, P200 Casepacker, P100 Cartoner, Robotic Palletizer & Depalletizer, High Speed Automated Insert Feeding System, ModPack Semi-Auto Case Packer with Serialization, and FG Robotic Cartoner series revealed at Pack Expo. We invite you to take a look at our innovative products and technology for yourself by visiting our Serpa YouTube channel (www.bit.ly/serpatechnology).
Proud To Be An Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Your Right to Work
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire