Regional Sales - Southeastern US (Remote)
- Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, GA, USA
Serpa Packaging Solutions is a world-class U.S. manufacturer of custom, high-quality secondary packaging systems for Fortune 1000 manufacturers of over 14 industries (inclulding pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, personal care, cosmetic, medical device, and food). Our company is located in the hospital Central California city of Visalia in Tulare County, commonly known as the gateway to our nearby National Parks (Yosemite, Sequoia and Kings Canyon). Our line of products include cartoners, case packers, tray packers, robotic palletizers, integration and validation services, and 5-Star service support. Our commitment to service, quality, and innovation has allowed us to serve customers throughout the United States and across the world. And as a privately-owned, family-cultured organization, we are not only very passionate about our products and our service to customers, but also our community and our employees, who truly are the leaders to our company’s success! Serpa Gives Back - our's organization's employee charity program - has proudly and collectively supported over 12 non-profit organizations, and to this day, we continue to remain committed to supporting our community each and every year. Learn more about our team, technology, culture and values by viewing the bottom section of the job posting.
Our Perks + Benefits (include)
- Competitive salary & commission plan.
- Affordable health insurance packages (includes medical, dental, vision) + 100% company-sponsored life insurance.
- 401K investment options with 100% company price-matching.
- Comprehensive time-off benefits (paid vacation time, sick time, company holidays, and birthdays).
- Serpa Allowance Program - vehicle and mobile phone allowance, full redemption of company travel points, company laptop, and remote office supplies/setup sponsorship.
- Serpa Sales Training & Certification – our dedicated sales training program offered to our Serpa Sales Team to exclusively sell Serpa Packaging products valued as high-quality, premium systems in the packaging automation industry.
- Immediate recognition in the industry with dynamic capability and a diverse customer portfolio of Fortune 1000 manufacturers in over 14 different industries, including pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, personal care, cosmetic, medical device, and food.
- Innovative design and manufacturing experience working alongside industry professionals at a 30+ year manufacturer of automation systems integrating advanced technology, including FANUC robotics since 2008.
- Gateway access to nearby National Parks (Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon) when visiting Serpa's California manufacturing facility.
- Direct mentorship and training from experienced company staff.
- Business casual / casual dress code + culturally diverse work atmosphere.
- Team Serpa Events – our company's social events held throughout the year (luncheons, holiday celebrations, team building, sporting events, and more).
- Serpa Gives Back – our company’s yearly and voluntary charity program where members proudly and collectively continue to support over 12 non-profit organizations.
- Serpa News – our company’s exclusive newsletter on everything fun and new at Serpa.
Serpa Packaging Solutions is seeking a dynamic Sales leader to join our Regional Sales Team! As a Regional Sales Manager in this role, you will be given the keys to champion Serpa Packaging Sales for the Southeastern territory of the United States. The Southeastern territory consists of the following states: Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, and North Carolina. This leader will be immediately welcomed into our Sales Team Core, will be provided complete training on all our product models, and offered continuous support throughout his or her career. The option to work remotely will also be made available for this individual as long as residing within the territory and within close proximity to a major airport.
This is an opportunity for a motivated sales leader to become a part of a growing, innovative, world-class company of high-end, high-quality, and high-speed packaging automation equipment manufactured in California. If you have the heart of a prospector to spearhead, grow, and own a business territory, the passion for establishing and maintaining excellent client relations, and an insatiable interest in state-of-the-art technology and automation, look no further – this opportunity is for you!
- Identify and build first-class relationships with existing client base, sales leads and prospects (end users of packaging equipment)
- Penetrate new markets in the Southeastern US and champion increase of new account sales
- Visit Southeastern US customers and drive increase of existing client base sales
- Create an efficient territory schedule to ensure regular client visits and effective prospecting
- Execute effective technical sales presentations and prospecting
- Provide excellent customer service with sense of urgency, purpose and professionalism
- Utilize available sales and marketing tools for presentations, sales calls, and prospecting
- Participate in department sales strategies and weekly meetings
- Maintain calendar of daily activities
- Use new company research and customer lists to find and qualify sales leads
- Develop new business opportunities and markets
- Promote industry trade shows to customers, including Pack Expo
- Contact customers served regarding equipment functionality, upgrades, etc.
- Minimum 3 years of successful experience selling packaging or capital equipment
- Proven experience in successfully developing and managing new accounts
- Effective and driven prospecting ability
- Mechanical aptitude to understand packaging automation and company products
- Motivated self-starter with proven closing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to work remotely
- Ability to travel up to 75%
The Serpa Legacy
Fernando Serpa, owner and founder of Serpa Packaging Solutions, began his career in the packaging equipment industry as a Service Technician. Through his hard work and ambition, Fernando eventually founded Serpa Packaging Solutions in 1985. The company has steadily and organically grown over the years ever since. We have been recognized by Inc.'s 5000 Fastest Growing Companies four years in a row and we have established ourselves as the industry-leading manufacturer of high-quality, reliable, innovative secondary packaging systems. Fernando’s inspiring story of founding and developing the company is a true testament that anything can be accomplished through hard work, faith, and dedication.
To this day, Fernando remains very passionate about the company and its success. He continues to emphasize a strong company focus on service to both customers and employees. It is through this philosophy that has allowed Serpa Packaging Solutions to achieve record sales growths, develop a dynamic customer portfolio of Fortune 1000 manufacturers in over 14 different industries, and place close to 2000 packaging machines across the world.
Devoted to Innovation
With over 30 years of experience in the packaging industry, Serpa Packaging Solutions is the only U.S. manufacturer able to provide solutions superior to those from European manufacturers. We remain proactive in the packaging industry by offering customers the most advanced technology and features available, which includes integrated FANUC robotics applications since 2008 and rapid changeover technology since our inception. We are a pioneering and growing company that continuously invests in research for the development of new products and services for customers. Our line of patented products includes our P320 High Speed Casepacker, P200 Casepacker, P100 Cartoner, Robotic Palletizer & Depalletizer, High Speed Automated Insert Feeding System, ModPack Semi-Auto Case Packer with Serialization, and FG Robotic Cartoner series revealed at Pack Expo. We encourage you to take a look at our innovative products and technology for yourself by visiting our Serpa YouTube channel (www.bit.ly/serpatechnology).
Serpa Gives Back
As a privately-owned, family-cultured organization based out of the welcoming Central California community of Visalia, we are not only passionate about our products and customers, but also our community and employees, who truly are the leaders to our success. Serpa Gives Back - our organization's employee charity program - has proudly supported over 12 non-profit organizations. Organizations we have supported are both local and non-local, and they include the Visalia Rescue Mission, American Cancer Society, American Red Cross, Food Link for Tulare County, Coats for Kids, and the Wounded Warrior Project. To this day, we remain committed to collectively supporting our community each and every year.
Proud To Be An Equal Opportunity Employer!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Your Right to Work
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.