Construction Project Manager
- Fremont, CA, USA
Sequoia Consulting Group provides world-class consulting services to the life sciences industry. Our team manages projects in automation, facility design, engineering, manufacturing, quality, regulatory affairs and validation.
Sequoia's hands-on consultants provide technical knowledge and relevant life science experience to establish best practices in manufacturing, pharmaceutical and medical device companies. We are helping to produce better, faster and more economically priced medicines and medical devices around the world.
Sequoia is seeking a Project Manager in Facilities Construction that has worked in a GMP based environment. The Project Manager will direct, plan, organize and direct both vendors and construction teams building out the equipment and facilities. The PM will provide work direction and supervision for personnel and contractors involved in the build out. The PM will monitor and plan jobs completed by outside contractors, review materials required; equipment set up, and ensure correct and compliant completion of the work. We are seeking a proven Project Manager in Facilities construction that has with done build outs of labs and then managed their post build maintenance. Facilities Engineers are encouraged to apply.
- Oversee the Project Management and build out of a new facility that has already been identified.
- Manage the user requirements and will manage the contractors
- Manage General Contractors building out lab facility, GMP understanding and will leverage project management skills.
- Act as the primary point of contact for all internal and external issues relating to building programs and projects.
- Attend all build and production scheduling meetings and coordinate all build activities.
- Perform regular project and facility build walk through
- Prepare and manage project build and expense and capital budgets.
- Manage, assigns tasks, provide direction, train, review and approve work and paperwork submitted as well as ensure activities are completed on time and correctly.
- Monitor the work of external contractors when installing, and building equipment within the facility.
- Provide input to Senior Leadership on performance of construction vendors.
- Requires the working skills and experience of a proven Project Manager with excellent leadership, training, organization and communication skills.
- Ability to operate and work with a wide variety of people in sometimes stressful situations.
Involvement with outside contractors, engineering and other groups.
- Ability to adhere to all current GMP, SOP, and good building practices.
- Experience in electrical, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, refrigeration and/or basic laboratory and pharmaceutical production equipment (autoclaves, ovens, tanks, pumps, etc) included in the build.
- Experienced Lab builds and construction. Requires familiarity with generally accepted building, plumbing, piping, electrical, and fire protection practices and codes to include NFPA, NEC, UBS, UMC and UPC in compliance with EH&S and insurance requirements.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, P&ID(s), electrical schematics, safety rules, SOPs, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write reports, justifications, procedures, work orders as needed.
Able to maintain accurate and legible records.
- Knowledge of GMP manufacturing and basic chemical and biological build requirements.
Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations and be able to work with both the metric and USA standards of measurement.
- Must be able to read and follow detailed written instructions and have good verbal/written communication skills.
- Good computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Project and Excel.
Working Knowledge of Primavera P6.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service skills and able to work effectively and efficiently independently or in a team environment.
Sequoia offers a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision coverage, 401k, and company paid life-insurance.
Sequoia is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.