Director of Dining Services (Temporary)
- 7300 Dearwester Dr, Cincinnati, OH 452366119, USA
Enjoy a friendly, team atmosphere while working at one of Cincinnati’s premier, and most beautiful, retirement communities.
This position is temporary but could lead to regular employment.
Do you have HEART? We are looking for individuals who can embrace our mission to purposely brighten and enrich the lives of those we serve with HEART; Hospitality, Excellence, Appreciation, Respect & Teamwork. In this role you will oversee and control day to day operations of all dining services operations at the community.
- Follow Company Dining Policy and Procedures and while ensuring that all department personnel are compliant as well.
- Responsible for the purchasing of all dining food and nonfood items and ensure all purchases for the department achieve 95% DSSI ordering compliance.
- Balance and maintain budgets for raw food and supplies.
- Utilize company standard recipes when completing food production for meals.
- Ensure that food is served at proper temperature and in proper portion sizes to ensure food safety and palatability according to our food temperature policy.
- Ensure that residents’ Prescribed Diets are offered when applicable.
- Drive high satisfaction by offering our residents choice, dignity and independence in dining according to our hospitality and customer service policy.
- Ensure operating and cleaning instructions/procedures are developed and implemented for the department.
- Perform Pre-meal Dining Stand-Up with service staff to review daily menu details.
- Know and adhere to all company and the local, state, and county health departments regulations and acts as the community’s dietary representative for any health department or other required inspections; assure compliance, follow-up to assure any deficiencies are immediately corrected.
- Ensure all dining areas are clean and safely operating, completes monthly Self Sanitation audit according to the sanitation audit tool and operation and sanitation policies.
- Interview, manage, train, hire, discipline, and terminate all dining staff personnel as needed.
- Oversee the scheduling of all food service personnel to maintain compliance with labor budget.
- 3+ years of previous Food Service experience required.
- Management experience is not required but a plus.
- Serv Safe and/or other required local, county or state certifications.
- You have the ability to switch tasks quickly and often.
- You have a positive and professional attitude and are good at giving clear direction in a respectful demeanor.
- You take pride in the quality and presentation of food that you have helped to prepare, as well as the cleanliness of the kitchen and dining areas that you work within.
- You have a generous amount of patience and the ability to effectively communicate with many different types of personalities.
Senior Lifestyle offers a comprehensive benefits plan to eligible team members including health, dental, vision, retirement benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, and paid time off. All Senior Lifestyle positions are eligible to use DailyPay, an application that allows you to access your earned but unpaid wages before your next payday. Senior Lifestyle requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination for all employees because of our commitment to the health and safety of our residents, their family members, and all of our team members. Accommodations and state exclusions may apply.