eCommerce Retail Business Development Manager
- 1198 65th St. Suite 250, Emeryville, CA, us
Sellpoints, Inc., located in Emeryville, CA, is a cutting edge eCommerce technology provider dedicated to helping brands and retailers sell more online.
Recently acquired by ConversionPoint Technologies and poised for rapid growth, Sellpoints sits at the intersection of technology and eCommerce which demands a high-energy culture and a mindset of continuous innovation and collaboration.
Sellpoints serves as a true partner to our broad range of customers including many of the world’s most recognizable brands and retailers.
Our Retail Team serves as experts across the Sellpoints suite of eCommerce solutions for our retailers. We’re seeking an accomplished Retail Development Manager to join us. We’re looking for someone to play that critical role in understanding each one of your assigned retailers and then collaborate to match our retail programs with their needs and develop programs that our Account Executives and Customer Success Managers can sell to our prospective and current customer base of brands. Beyond evangelizing our technologies and services, the Retail Development Manager will reach out to prospective retailers that are of interest to our customers or are strategic additions to include into our Syndication Network. We’re interested in welcoming self-motivated individuals and team players who are passionate about retail channel development.
● Prospect new retailers to accept our code on their site for us to deliver syndicated content.
● Nurture your assigned retailer accounts. Navigate and develop relationships at all levels of your retail partners’ organizations including C-suite, marketing, channel and eCommerce managers.
● Employ your consultative selling framework to understand your retailers and strategically develop solutions for their needs using Sellpoints full suite of technology and services.
● Developing programs and working closely with retailer buying teams to create a referral stream and lead generation for our Account Executives
● Mastery of outreach practices and a proven ability to orchestrate professional, strategic dialogue over the phone, via email and in-person.
● Attend industry conferences and events as a thought-leader in our space hosting current retailers and meeting new prospects alike.
● Deliver valuable insights and feedback to our product team in an organized, actionable format to facilitate ongoing retail-driven product development.
● Work collaboratively with your Retail Success team to onboard new accounts as well as nurture and expand existing relationships during their Sellpoints partnership.
● Bachelor's degree or equivalent
● Relevant eCommerce and Channel Marketing Experience
○ 5 years working for a retailer and/or have extensive relationships and contacts with top-tier retailer decision makers
○ Experience working in with eCommerce advertising, marketing and online merchandising.
● Knowledge Base
○ A passion for digital marketing innovation and trends - specifically eCommerce related
○ Understand the eCommerce and online Merchandising landscape
● Cultural DNA
○ Experience working in a fast-paced, high-energy culture
○ Unquestioned ethics around doing the right thing for your retail accounts, your co-workers and for the company
○ Experience establishing and nurturing long-lasting relationships with retailers
● Other requirements
○ Strong presentation and storytelling skills
○ Able to travel as needed to meet prospective retailers
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
● Detail oriented and self-directed
● Solid communication skills; written and verbal
● Can-do, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, an excellent team player
● Good problem solving skills, well organized and able to multitask.
● Comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment
Compensation & Perks
Sellpoints offers competitive salary and equity packages.
Generous Benefits: Health, dental, vision, disability, life, FSA (health, dependent care, transit) 401K, Employee Stock Option Plan, Referral bonuses
Flexible Vacation Plan: Take time off when you need it. Just make sure your job requirements are current and covered while you are away.
Kitchen stocked with healthy snacks and drinks
Catered Friday lunch and happy hour
Parking passes, Bike Friendly with secured storage area, BART accessible via Emeryville free shuttle service
Dogs welcome in the office, Massage chairs