4G/5G System Test Engineer
- Leary Way, Redmond, WA 98052, USA
We are a global leader in providing World Class engineering and technology solutions to our customers in the Avionics and Aerospace & Defense domains. Recognized by some of the top engineering associations - not to mention a growing portfolio of customers consisting of 50+ Fortune 500 companies, we have a proud heritage of providing our services with the highest levels of quality, effectiveness, efficiency, and the best value. Now you can join our growing workforce and help your team work towards building a better tomorrow for all of us.
Job Description :
4G/5G System Test Engineer
We are looking for a LTE/5G Air interface and Call Processing Test engineer to join our Wireless network team. You will be a key contributor as a product validation engineer in a multi-functional team of R&D, Systems engineering, and product validation to introduce Client's products to Wireless Carrier.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for development of product validation, feature validation, systems and performance analysis, customer review sessions for LTE RAN products focusing on Air interface, E2E performance, and Call Processing.
• Analyzing the product and feature requirements, converting them into system test cases and execution to ensure product meets customer spec.
• Aid in product & feature performance analysis, evaluation of new product & SW releases
• Perform detailed analysis of 4G Wireless Protocols
• Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting the issues
• Educate our customers on Client's new products and services both individually and in a team environment.
• Ensures that customer commitments are achieved according to plan.
• Works closely with various support organizations, logistics, and cross- functional teams from Client's HQ to achieve successful new product roll-outs and developments.
Excellence Dealing with Ambiguity
• Bringing your experience in problem solving and ability to navigate complex organizations with pivotal shifts Background/Experience required:
• Good understanding on LTE concepts such as DL/UL scheduling, LTE power control, Beamforming fundamentals, MIMO.
• Experience with ongoing 3GPP Rel activities is beneficial
• Experience with system testing activities such as feature validation, test description documentation, parameter optimization, performance analysis, test strategy creation, problem troubleshooting
• Strong knowledge in 4G/5G air interface and call processing technologies and network architecture specifically focused on Radio Access Network
• Good understanding of overall Wireless systems with emphasis on PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC and PDCP layers
• Understanding of IOT technologies including eMTC, NB-IOT.
• Experience in EMS systems, managing network elements, software upgrades etc
• Experience with SW development is beneficial
• Understanding of 3GPP systems: Core and RAN networks
• Understanding of HW as well as SW architecture
• Experience with test tools including protocol analyzers, XCAL/QXDM, Wireshark, Channel Emulator, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, etc.
Telecom, Ercisson, Nokia, ALU
Undergraduate Degree in engineering with 10-12 years of directly related experience is required.
A Masters with 10+ years’ experience is preferred
Bachelor’s Degree is EE/CS is required
Ability to travel sporadically during the project