Lead Automation Engineer (Automotive Industry)
- Cheshire, United Kingdom
- Contract Type: FixedTerm
- Department: Electrical/Electronical/Automation Engineering
Join the world of the future in a fast-growing international company! At SEGULA Technologies you will have the opportunity to work on exciting projects and help shaping the future within an engineering company which is at the heart of innovation. From 3D printing, augmented reality, connected vehicle to the factory of the future – new technologies are part of our 10 000 ingenious employees’ day-to-day life.
The successful candidates will be responsible for the migration of the plant floor system (PFS) IT software for a UK Automotive OEM. This requires experience in PLC software, ideally within the automotive sector (conveyor systems, robots). PFS covers the whole production process (body, paint, trim & final) and include all subsystems for error proofing, volume, quality and supply chain. You will be able to define the architecture, the technical specifications, scope & planning of the modifications to the current production system, leading the process from the technical specifications to RFQ to the selection of suppliers. No PLC programming is planned, although the engineers need to be able to read, correct and optimise the programme if required by the customer and management of the supplier. The second part is the supervision and management of on-site of the suppliers, during the commissioning phase for hardware and software modification at the migration to the new system.
- Initialisation, concept design, spec definition, RFQ, supplier management
- Initial project preparation
- Develop the technical concept
- Prepare the technical specifications
- Prepare RFQ
- Support during supplier nomination
- Project monitoring
- Supervision of suppliers and sub-suppliers
Commissioning supervision, supplier management, reporting
- Supervision of supplier onsite
- Problem solving
- Action plan
- Support for a flawless launch
- Ideally: BEng/BSC in engineering
- Required: Minimum national level 5 (HND) education or completed apprentice course in relevant field.
- Technical background in robotics & automation
- Experience in plant floor systems
- Ability to read and check program codes
- Experience in control systems
- Quality management / monitoring in system level
- Experience in error proofing systems / Andon systems
- Controls Engineering software (EPLAN P8, Siemens TIA Portal, Rockwell Studio5000 & RSNetworx, etc.).
- Project management of complex natured projects with multiple stakeholders (local and remote)
Contract and Permanent roles available.
OUTSIDE IR35 up to £30-35 per hour
Fixed Term PAYE - ASAP - December 2022, with potential for permanent employment
Pay Range: up to 55,000 - depending on experience
Mandatory: Unrestricted Right to Work in the UK, no sponsorship provided, valid driving license and ability to travel within Europe and within the UK, COVID legislation permitting.