Assembly Production Engineer
- Allentown, PA, USA
- Contract/country: Contractor/Freelance
- Area of expertise: Electrical/Electronical/Automation Engineering
MUST be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
MUST be available to start working within 3 weeks of offer acceptance date.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is hiring an Assembly Production Engineers to join our growing team in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits plan, and great opportunities for career growth!
With a global presence in 28 countries with 140 offices worldwide, SEGULA GROUP fosters a close relationship with its customers thanks to the expertise of its 11,000 employees.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is an Engineering and Design Services company with a proven ability to boost innovation and competitiveness within the major industrial sectors, including Automotive, Aerospace & Defense, Energy, Rail, Naval, Pharmaceutical, and Oil and Gas.
Ensure processes are developed and secured with the goal of meeting Manufacturing Engineering KPIs. Responsible for safety, quality, delivery, and cost of the production process, as well as projects / staff and competence development.
- Serve in a co-leadership role within a specialized area of assignment. The individual follows the direction of Unit Manager – Manufacturing Engineering and coordinates the business plan with peers.
- Establish and maintain the optimum production methods, standards, tooling, and equipment for all assigned products and processes.
- Establish and maintain accurate production standards using predetermined time tools.
- Identify and correct Bill of Material and assembly instruction issues related with production.
- Promote manufacturing safety and efficiency through implementation of method / process changes, ergonomic applications, and safety awareness.
- Lead and conduct Kaizen improvement activities focused on safety, quality, and cost initiatives.
- Drive the Focused Improvement and Workplace Organization pillars within the company production system.
- Develop cost saving proposals and improve productivity.
- Develop future engineering solutions to lowest possible cost and with flexibility for product and volume changes.
- Analyze and recommend manufacturing processes, equipment, gauging, and tooling towards zero defects.
- Assist with necessary counselling, training, and discipline to obtain the optimum effectiveness of the team.
- Drive and master 5S principles throughout all activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of manufacturing experience or equivalent, with a focus on engineering and production.
- Proven ability to visualize future opportunities, plan action items, and lead team towards successful completion of company objectives.
- Problem Solving / Decision Making – Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles, resistance, or ambiguity.
- Extensive knowledge of engineering concepts, manufacturing, the product, production standards, and efficiency optimization tools.
- Process oriented.
- Project Management skills.
- Proven ability to review and apply technical specifications and requirements to the assembly operation.
- Possesses strong analytical skills and demonstrated focus on process and Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to manage change.
- Proven ability to react to issues impacting production with a sense of urgency, promptly assessing the issue and developing a feasible action plan and following it through to successful completion.
- Experience in a team-based environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.