ADAS / ADS Technology Engineer
- Ann Arbor, MI, USA
- Contract/country: Contractor/Freelance
- Area of expertise: Electrical/Electronical/Automation Engineering
MUST be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
MUST be available to start working within 3 weeks of offer acceptance date.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is hiring ADAS / ADS Technology Engineer to join our growing team in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits plan, and great opportunities for career growth.
With a global presence in 28 countries with 140 offices worldwide, SEGULA GROUP fosters a close relationship with its customers thanks to the expertise of its 11,000 employees.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is an Engineering and Design Services company with a proven ability to boost innovation and competitiveness within the major industrial sectors, including Automotive, Aerospace & Defense, Energy, Rail, Naval, Pharmaceutical, and Oil and Gas.
The primary responsibility of this role is to support the development of Automated Driving Systems through software development, simulation, and data analysis related to items such as recognition, mapping, localization, path planning, and vehicle control.
Reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager of IVS, the person in this role will support the IVS department's objective to research, develop, evaluate, and implement innovative ADAS (Advanced Driving Assistance Systems) and ADS technologies, and realize safe and comfortable automated driving experiences for customers.
- Develop and evaluate new ADS features, focused on North American customers and their unique road environments.
- Provide data-driven proposals for new features, subsequently supported by quick PoC (proof of concept) simulations and/or demonstrations.
- Evaluate features in simulated, closed-track, and public-road environments.
- Analyze evaluation data with automated and quantitative methods that allow for tracking performance over software releases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Robotics, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Experience in using Python, C++, MATLAB / Simulink, and version control tools.
- Experience in realizing large-scale software solutions.
- Ability to work with cloud environments such as AWS (Amazon Web Services) or Microsoft Azure.
- Clear and concise written and oral presentation skills, with consideration to international audiences.
- Strong time management and task prioritization skills.
- Experience in working with robotics or other automated systems.
- Passion for automotive engineering or robotics.
- Experience with camera, radar, lidar, or sonar technologies.
- Experience with ADS technologies such as mapping, localization, path planning or control.
- Experience in supporting vehicle evaluations on proving grounds or on public roads.
- Experience collecting and analyzing ADS data from simulations or test vehicles.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.