- Macungie, PA 18062, USA
- Area of expertise: Business/Sales
MUST be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
MUST be available to start working within 3 weeks of offer acceptance date.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is hiring an Application Engineer to join our growing team in Macungie, Pennsylvania.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits plan, and great opportunities for career growth!
With a global presence in 28 countries with 140 offices worldwide, SEGULA GROUP fosters a close relationship with its customers thanks to the expertise of its 11,000 employees.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is an Engineering and Design Services company with a proven ability to boost innovation and competitiveness within the major industrial sectors, including Automotive, Aerospace & Defense, Energy, Rail, Naval, Pharmaceutical, and Oil and Gas.
Provide support to dealers in the new truck quote, specification, and order process by providing assistance to configure truck specifications with special customer adaptations requested by an end customer. Support will take the form of phone, email, and various system tools used to communicate feasibility and pricing responses back to dealers and end customers.
- Handle dealer inquiries on the Sales Engineering 1-800 line and email as required.
- Evaluate and process dealer new truck quotations that contain special options (Customer Adaptations) and confirm that the options can be built as requested and documenting proof.
- Facilitate meetings and represent Sales Engineering in discussion surrounding changes to in-house vehicle quotes and orders.
- Provide guidance to the customer engineering and pricing groups, as required, in interpreting and translating newly requested features to ensure clarity of engineering response on option requests.
- Perform changes on orders to update vehicles to our latest offerings.
- Direct and guide dealers and customers in selection of the right options for a specific operation.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent technical program is required.
- Experience in the heavy truck industry, heavy equipment industry, or commercial / automotive vehicles industry is a plus.
- Familiarity with new vehicle dealer / franchise operations is a plus.
- Customer service experience is preferred.
- Truck Marketing Institute (TMI) training is a plus.
- CDL is a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple systems to capture data.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Self-Starter: Ability to work with limited supervision and have the ability and local access to work remotely and efficiently if situations require.
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback.
- Customer Focus: Understanding and meeting the needs of customers and addressing the interests and concerns of all organization stakeholders
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Interpersonal Influence: Building strong work relationships and adjusting to how individuals, organizational units, and cultures function and react.
- Professionalism: Dealing directly and forthrightly with people and problems, persisting to get the job done, and managing personal responses and stress.
- Product Knowledge: Must have strong knowledge of heavy trucks to communicate effectively with both externally and internally.
- Priority Setting: Can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal, eliminates roadblocks, and creates focus.
- Time Management: Can attend to a broader range of activities, uses time effectively and efficiently, concentrates on the more important priorities.
- Process Management: Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done, can see opportunities for synergy and integration, knows how to organize people and activities.
- Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%