Quality & Warranty Data Analyst
- Hagerstown, MD, USA
- Area of expertise: Electrical/Electronical/Automation Engineering
No Visa Sponsorship is available now or anytime in the future for this position.
Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is hiring a Quality and Warranty Data Analyst to join our growing team in Hagerstown, Maryland.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits plan, and great opportunities for career growth!
With a global presence in 28 countries with 140 offices worldwide, SEGULA GROUP fosters a close relationship with its customers thanks to the expertise of its 11,000 employees.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is an Engineering and Design Services company with a proven ability to boost innovation and competitiveness within the major industrial sectors, including Automotive, Aerospace & Defense, Energy, Rail, Naval, Pharmaceutical, and Oil and Gas.
The Quality & Customer Satisfaction team ensures the product quality performance within a determined scope through investigating and prioritizing market product quality issues. The Data Analyst secures the voice of the customer in the problem-solving processes through knowledge management. This role supports achieving product quality goals and metrics for fault frequency and warranty costs.
- Be an expert to extract data from databases and to develop specialized statistical methodologies.
- Define and use valid advanced statistical principles to analyze customer problems and factors driving them.
- Develop and implement advanced methodologies to forecast product quality and reliability (short term total truck roadmap, Weibull).
- Support quality activities in solving processes and Strategic Objectives when applicable.
- Support quality forecasting (predictive failure rates, warranty or financial initiatives).
- Provide Quality performance charting / graphs to the Engineering teams for new development.
- Analytical and statistical skills: Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions and making recommendations on the most suitable models and statistical approaches.
- Creativity / Innovation: Reframing traditional patterns of thinking and applying new and evolving ideas, methods, designs and technologies.
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on.
- Proficiency in personal computers and network applications and aptitude to learn new program features and application software.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Organization and follow up.
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, Technical, or a Business-related discipline with emphasis on statistical techniques. Master of Science is preferred.
- Work experience applying statistical principles to recognize patterns in data files is required.
- Automotive experience / knowledge is a plus.
- To ensure structured data analysis on problems affecting customers, suggesting statistical analysis and IT systems to be used.
- To build predictions to forecast quality level.
- Must be able to start within 3 weeks of offer acceptance date.
- Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%.