- Dublin, VA 24084, USA
- Area of expertise: Industrialisation/Manufacturing Engineering
No Visa Sponsorship is available now or anytime in the future for this position.
Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is hiring an Environmental Manager to join our growing team in Dublin, Virginia.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits plan, and great opportunities for career growth!
With a global presence in 28 countries with 140 offices worldwide, SEGULA GROUP fosters a close relationship with its customers thanks to the expertise of its 11,000 employees.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is an Engineering and Design Services company with a proven ability to boost innovation and competitiveness within the major industrial sectors, including Automotive, Aerospace & Defense, Energy, Rail, Naval, Pharmaceutical, and Oil and Gas.
Opportunity to be a part of and lead a technically strong site-based environmental and energy team involved in the development of best practices supporting our Environmental core value. Maintain compliance for the New River Valley site while supporting future industrial projects. Take part in global Operations Environmental and Energy planning and implementing best practices.
- Effective leader of people, with a track record of team development, empowerment, and communication within a highly technical environment.
- Coordinate the environmental activities associated with major industrial projects.
- Promote and secure common industrial process solutions for environment and energy that are aligned with the company Core Values.
- Lead the establishment and maintenance of Environment and Energy as a pillar within the company Production System for the New River Valley site.
- Maintain compliance for the site with applicable local, State, and Federal requirements. Oversight and/or preparation of permit applications for all environmental media and pathways affecting the New River Valley plant.
- Excellent communication skills with team, peers, and executive management.
- Detailed knowledge and practical experience in compliance, permitting and reporting for state and federal environmental regulations and associated reports for RCRA Hazardous Waste, Clean Air Act including PSD, NSR, Title V, GHG Emissions Management and Reporting, Clean Water Act, Emergency Response Plans, Oil Discharge Contingency Plans, Storm Water Management, Industrial Wastewater Operations and Permitting, Pollution Prevention Act, Solid Waste Management, and Waste Minimization.
- Core technical responsibilities focus upon air permitting and related compliance strategies with project teams, permit compliance implementation for data acquisition related to process performance, recordkeeping and reporting, including multiple MACT requirements and annual emission statements.
- Practical experience implementing the ISO 14001 and ISO 50001 Standards and Programs, including DOE’s Superior Energy Performance requirements.
- Experience with Environmental Database Management and Administration and reporting.
- Schedule and assign work to staff and engineers based on evaluation of their knowledge of specific disciplines.
- Confers and negotiates with local, state, and federal regulatory agencies to determine local environmental and energy standards, industrial priorities and new developments in pollution control, carbon footprint reductions, and energy management.
- Responsible for facilitating Pollution Prevention / Waste Minimization and environmental and energy sustainability programs.
- Manage and monitor the compliance management system, task management, APCD monitoring systems and database, and paint usage monitoring systems.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining New River Valley’s environmental management system (EMS), energy management system (EnMS), and related databases.
- Responsible for the communication of the status of the EMS and EnMS to the senior management staff, including periodic senior management reviews.
- Responsible to ensure the Environmental Department activities meet the requirements of the environmental regulations, permit conditions, and company policies and guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Hazardous Waste Management, or Applied Sciences. Master’s Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Hazardous Waste Management, or Applied Sciences is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of related work experience is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, SQL queries, etc.).
- Certified Energy Manager (C.E.M.) is preferred.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Directing Others: Is good at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately; lays out work in well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results; brings out the best in people; is a clear communicator.
- Drive For Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Informing: Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or the organization; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information.
- Managing Diversity: Manages all kinds and classes of people equitably; deals effectively with all races, nationalities, cultures, disabilities, ages and both sexes; hires variety and diversity without regard to class; supports equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Conflict Management: Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
- Managing and Measuring Work: Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress, and results; designs feedback loops into work.
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Must be able to start within 3 weeks of offer acceptance date.
- Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%