ADAS Evaluation Engineer
- Ann Arbor, MI, USA
- Area of expertise: Electrical/Electronical/Automation Engineering
No Visa Sponsorship is available now or anytime in the future for this position.
Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is hiring an ADAS Evaluation Engineer to join our growing team in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits plan, and great opportunities for career growth!
With a global presence in 28 countries with 140 offices worldwide, SEGULA GROUP fosters a close relationship with its customers thanks to the expertise of its 11,000 employees.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is an Engineering and Design Services company with a proven ability to boost innovation and competitiveness within the major industrial sectors, including Automotive, Aerospace & Defense, Energy, Rail, Naval, Pharmaceutical, and Oil and Gas.
The Integrated Vehicle Systems (IVS) department is looking for a passionate and highly motivated ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) and ADS (Automated Driving Systems) Evaluation Engineer.
The primary responsibility of this role is to evaluate current and future ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) and ADS (Automated Driving Systems) against defined performance requirements. Example activities include preparing systems, vehicles, test equipment, and logistics for evaluation drives as well as completing and analyzing collected data from such drives.
Reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager, the person in this role will support the IVS department's objective to evaluate ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) against performance requirements.
- Support the evaluation and tuning of ADAS / ADS systems with a focus on North American road conditions and challenges.
- Communicate performance issues to through project leaders to suppliers and company proposing appropriate countermeasures.
- Implement quantitative benchmarking methods for ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) on competitor vehicles using GPS, camera, or other sensors.
- Configure, modify, and troubleshoot test vehicles, sensors, and data acquisition equipment.
- Complete data gathering evaluations on public roads and proving grounds.
- Analyze test data and make performance change recommendations to the system owners through project leaders.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or a related technical field.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience (co-op experience is acceptable).
- Experience evaluating ADS or ADAS systems.
- Experience installing, troubleshooting, and using data acquisition and testing equipment such as RTK, Vbox, Panel 4, or other data acquisition equipment.
- Basic proficiency in creating or modifying scripts to automatically analyze vehicle data using MATLAB, Python, or other similar programming languages.
- Experience with simulation, closed-track, or on-road verification of vehicle control systems.
- Experience writing scripts to automate standardized tasks or analyze large data sets.
- Experience or basic knowledge of ADAS related regulatory assessment protocol testing.
- Experience or functional knowledge of cloud computing systems such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, or equivalent.
- Must be able to start within 3 weeks of offer acceptance date.
- Must be willing to travel up to 30% (US domestic).
- Must have a valid US Driver’s License.