Automated Driving Software Engineer
- Ann Arbor, MI, USA
- Area of expertise: Software/IT
Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. No Visa Sponsorship is available now or anytime in the future for this position.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is hiring an Automated Driving Software Engineer to join our growing team in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits plan, and great opportunities for career growth!
With a global presence in 28 countries with 140 offices worldwide, SEGULA GROUP fosters a close relationship with its customers thanks to the expertise of its 11,000 employees.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is an Engineering and Design Services company with a proven ability to boost innovation and competitiveness within the major industrial sectors, including Automotive, Aerospace & Defense, Energy, Rail, Naval, Pharmaceutical, and Oil and Gas.
The Integrated Vehicle Systems (IVS) department is looking for a passionate and highly motivated Software Engineer. The primary responsibility of this role is to develop Advanced Driver Assistance Systems algorithms in C++ and Python.
Reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager in IVS, the person in this role will support the IVS department's objective to design and evaluate the next generation of automated driving systems for vehicles.
- Working alongside ADS development engineers to design algorithms and software logic in C++, Python.
- Support requirements and system architecture to incorporate into the algorithm development.
- Working with IT infrastructure, engineers, and supporting groups to develop advanced driver assist systems and autonomous drive systems.
- Complete logic development by making design requirements, confirming/testing logic, and ensuring quality and all safety concepts into software design.
- Mentoring software engineers in best practices.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Software Engineer in a relevant field.
- Experience building, implementing, and supporting medium to large scale solutions in C++ and Python.
- Experience performing performance analysis, troubleshooting, and remediation in a software and integration environment (1 year).
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a project team with limited supervision.
- C++ or Python Certification (foundational, associate, professional, or specialty).
- Experience in machine vision, radar, and lidar data (1 year).
- Experience with dynamics-based vehicle simulation (1 year).
- Must be able to start within 3 weeks of offer acceptance date.