Product Development Project Manager
- Greensboro, NC, USA
- Area of expertise: Project management
No Visa Sponsorship is available now or anytime in the future for this position.
Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is hiring a Product Development Project Manager to join our growing team in Greensboro, North Carolina.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits plan, and great opportunities for career growth!
With a global presence in 28 countries with 140 offices worldwide, SEGULA GROUP fosters a close relationship with its customers thanks to the expertise of its 11,000 employees.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is an Engineering and Design Services company with a proven ability to boost innovation and competitiveness within the major industrial sectors, including Automotive, Aerospace & Defense, Energy, Rail, Naval, Pharmaceutical, and Oil and Gas.
Project Management (Vehicle Engineering) is searching for a Senior Project Manager, Engineering for Vehicle Engineering. As a Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for delivering the engineering projects for our future vehicles. We are seeking a leader that has a desire to work with and develop people, has team spirit combined with courage, high integrity, and a strong drive to deliver results.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be a key player in the most extensive vehicle / driveline projects for the future. You will work in close cooperation with a variety of stakeholders and solution providers to ensure the technical delivery is on target according to the project pre-requisites.
The Project Manager Engineer (PME) Vehicle is responsible to deliver the product gates on time, on quality, delivery, cost, features (GPOT / QDCF) of the start cost projects. You will be leading the development work of the engineering team. Within the Group Trucks Technology (GTT) project management group, you will have the opportunity to work in projects developing the future vehicles and/or driveline, and services for the different ranges.
- Lead the development work of cross functionally anchored technical solutions from start to finish.
- Responsible of the good application of development processes and best practices.
- Lead the product QDCF for Vehicle Engineering and the technical deliveries (releases, documentation, etc.).
- Optimize and consolidate the overall technical development cost and product cost. Secure that it remains in the decided frame and if required, decide the target allocated to a given engineering commodity.
- Establish project time plans (level 2, commodity / module / component / function) covering all activities needed to ensure fully verified and validated components, systems, and functions.
- Manage Vehicle Engineering project team and report to reference group.
- Take an active role in developing future ways of working in projects, with an end user and customer mindset.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering is required. Master of Science in Engineering is preferred.
- Minimum 6 years of related experience or technical experience. Automotive industry experience is preferred.
- Experience in projects is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Strong people / leadership skills, including team building, clear communication, results-oriented, courage and integrity, and good presentation skills.
- Transport solutions product and application knowledge is preferred.
- Leadership Competencies: Customer Focus, Decision Quality, Collaborates, Demonstrates Self-Awareness, Action Orientated.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Team player interacting through a broad network, having the skills to transfer high level prerequisites into project requirements and deliverables, as well as being comfortable to communicate and report project QDCF in reference group and management teams. Ability to prioritize and focus the project on the main areas contributing to delivering the technical solution.
- Must be able to start within 3 weeks of offer acceptance date.
- Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%.