Back-End .Net Developper
- 7220 Grande Allée, Brossard, QC J3Y 0C4, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Segic is a young, dynamic software company specializing in group insurance. Our mission is to revolutionize group insurance by developing an innovative management platform focused on prevention, collective health and good lifestyle habits.
Our platform is cloud-based and delivered using the software as a service (SaaS) model, making it a unique solution in today’s market. Because Segic strives to meet the changing needs of its clients, the platform is continuously updated, optimized and improved.
At Segic, we are strongly committed to our employees’ wellbeing. That is why we emphasize transparency, open communication, team spirit, positive attitudes, recognition, humour and enjoyment of work.
As a .Net developer, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the design of a SaaS platform using a full suite of modern tools and methodologies, including Microsoft Azure, DDD, TDD, agile/Scrum and DevOps, Git, continuous deployment with automated testing, microservices development and more.
The existing ecosystem will allow you to spend more time programming rather than planning the rollout of your new features. You will use Azure DevOps to create cloud-based applications. Continuous deployment tools will allow you to deliver each of your new features to production environments upon completion. You will participate in improving the company’s security and compliance.
You will have the opportunity to work in a friendly, dynamic, flexible and productive environment.
- As a member of a development team, you will participate actively in each phase in the development of our group insurance platform
- You will review your fellow team members’ code and contribute to quality assurance
- You will be responsible for maintaining tools that facilitate the continuous deployment of our production solutions
- You will participate in diagnostics and debugging of testing and production environments
- You will have the opportunity to share your opinions and to work on group efforts to improve the quality and efficiency of development projects
- Undergraduate degree or DEC in computer science, software engineering or equivalent
- Expert user of Visual Studio and other .NET development tools
- Excellent understanding of C#, NET MVC (Razor), Entity Framework 6 +, LINQ
- Experience with a source-code management tool such as Git, TFS or SVN (Git preferred)
- Be an innovative team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Demonstrate creativity in solving technical issues and optimizing resource utilization
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a strong capacity for learning and be open to challenges
- Demonstrate discipline and independence
- High level of written and oral fluency in French and English
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Innovative, strong team player, able to thrive in a fast-moving environment ;
- Think critically;
- High capacity for learning, open to new challenges;
- Creativity in the resolution of technical issues and optimization of resources;
- Disciplined and independent, be comfortable in a “working from home” environment;
- Attention to detail and pride in producing quality work;
- Fluent in written and spoken French and English.
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure cloud platform
- Experience with microservices development
- Experience with DDD and TDD
- Experience with continuous deployment and the implementation of automated testing
- Technical understanding of group insurance applications
Benefits at Segic
We offer a very competitive benefits package and an exceptional working environment:
- Possible telecommuting for better work-life balance
- Flexible hours
- Modern office equipped with kitchen, games room, showers
- Free parking
- Free coffee
- Group insurance (health, dental, others)
- Healthcare 2.0:
o Secure online access to doctors, nurses and health specialists from your computer or mobile device
o Online prescription renewal and ordering
- Retirement plan
- Social activities and after-work get-togethers
- Payment of a portion of your gym membership
- Running club and internal sports activities from beginner to advanced levels
- Nearby bike path
- Recognition of seniority
- Bonus for new employee referrals
- Management approach based on holacracy and meritocracy
- Reduced hours on Fridays in summer