Front-End Developer internship (Career opportunity, no open position currently)
- 7220 Grande Allée, Brossard, QC J3Y 0C4, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Segic is a young, dynamic software company specializing in group insurance. Our mission is to revolutionize group insurance by developing an innovative management platform focused on prevention, collective health and good lifestyle habits.
Our platform is cloud-based and delivered using the software as a service (SaaS) model, making it a unique solution in today’s market. Because Segic strives to meet the changing needs of its clients, the platform is continuously updated, optimized and improved.
At Segic, we are strongly committed to our employees’ wellbeing. That is why we emphasize transparency, open communication, team spirit, positive attitudes, recognition, humour and enjoyment of work.
- Work closely with user experience designers, analysts and a team of developers on projects for developing the Segic platform;
- Carefully translate mockups into functional HTML interfaces;
- Design, implement, test and maintain ambitious and efficient user interfaces;
- Participate in peer code review;
- Participate in the full development cycle;
- Investigate and analyze, within a reasonable time, anomalies that may arise and make recommendations on possible solutions to these problems;
- Provide input and collaborate on joint efforts to improve the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of projects.
- Have relevant academic background;
- Mastery of HTML 5, CSS 3 and Vue.js (or equivalent);
- Solid experience with Node.js, Webpack, TypeScript, Sass, Bootstrap or equivalent;
- Solid experience of responsive design and adaptive design web site;
- Be able to write an effective and reusable code based on best practices;
- Be sensitive to quality graphic notions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Innovative, strong team player, able to thrive in a fast-moving environment with tight deadlines;
- Think critically;
- High capacity for learning, open to new challenges;
- Creativity in the resolution of technical issues and optimization of resources;
- Disciplined and independent, be comfortable in a “working from home” environment;
- Attention to detail and pride in producing quality work;
- Fluent in written and spoken French and English.
- Experience with tools such as Azure DevOps, Jira or equivalent;
- Experience with unit and automated testing tools and TDD (Jest, Selenium, Cypress or equivalent);
- Experience with the development of Single Page Apps (SPA) and Progressive Web Apps (PWA);
- Experience or knowledge of Agile practices;
- Experience with continuous deployment and the implementation of automated testing;
- Knowledge of ergonomics (UX) and interface design (UI) to assist the user experience design team.
Benefits at Segic
We offer a very competitive benefits package and an exceptional working environment:
- Possible telecommuting for better work-life balance
- Flexible hours
- Modern office equipped with kitchen, games room, showers
- Free parking
- Free coffee
- Group insurance (health, dental, others)
- Healthcare 2.0:
o Secure online access to doctors, nurses and health specialists from your computer or mobile device
o Online prescription renewal and ordering
- Retirement plan
- Social activities and after-work get-togethers
- Payment of a portion of your gym membership
- Running club and internal sports activities from beginner to advanced levels
- Nearby bike path
- Recognition of seniority
- Bonus for new employee referrals
- Management approach based on holacracy and meritocracy
- Reduced hours on Fridays in summer