Front end developer (internship)
- 7220 Grande Allée, Brossard, QC J3Y 0C4, Canada
Segic is a young, dynamic software company specializing in group insurance. Our mission is to revolutionize group insurance by developing an innovative management platform focused on prevention, collective health and good lifestyle habits.
Our platform is cloud-based and delivered using the software as a service (SaaS) model, making it a unique solution in today’s market. Because Segic strives to meet the changing needs of its clients, the platform is continuously updated, optimized and improved.
At Segic, we are strongly committed to our employees’ wellbeing. That is why we emphasize transparency, open communication, team spirit, positive attitudes, recognition, humour and enjoyment of work.
Benefits at Segic
We offer a very competitive benefits package and an exceptional working environment:
- Possible telecommuting for better work-life balance
- Flexible hours
- Modern office equipped with kitchen, games room, showers
- Free parking
- Free coffee
- Group insurance (health, dental, others)
- Healthcare 2.0:
- Secure online access to doctors, nurses and health specialists from your computer or mobile device
- Online prescription renewal and ordering
- Retirement plan
- Social activities and after-work get-togethers
- Payment of a portion of your gym membership
- Running club and internal sports activities from beginner to advanced levels
- Nearby bike path
- Recognition of seniority
- Bonus for new employee referrals
- Management approach based on holacracy and meritocracy
- Reduced hours on Fridays in summer
As a Front End developer, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the design of a SaaS platform. You will use a full suite of modern tools and methodologies, including Vue.js, Typescript, Webpack, DDD, TDD, Agile/Scrum and DevOps, Git, continuous deployment with automated testing and more.
You will use Azure DevOps to create cloud-based applications. Continuous deployment tools will allow you to deliver each of your new features into production environments as soon as they are complete.
You will have the chance to work in a happy, dynamic, flexible and productive environment.
- As a member of the development team, participate actively in each phase of development related to the design of our group insurance platform
- Review your team members’ code, and perform QA
- Collaborate closely with the UX, UI, business analysis and backend teams
- Participate in diagnostics and the correction of issues found in testing and production environments
- Offer your opinion and contribute to shared efforts to improve the quality and efficiency of development projects
- Solid experience with Vue.js, Typescript, jQuery, Sass, Webpack or equivalent
- Solid experience with a source-code management tool such as Git, TFS or SVN (Git preferred)
- Experience with responsive/adaptive design principles and cross-browser development
- Attention to detail and pride in producing quality work
- Empathy for users
- Innovative, strong team player, able to thrive in a fast-moving environment with tight deadlines
- Creativity in the resolution of technical issues and optimization of resources
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High capacity for learning, open to new challenges
- Disciplined and independent
- Fluent in written and spoken French and English
- Experience or knowledge of Agile practices
- Experience in mobile app development
- Experience with DDD and TDD
- Experience with continuous deployment and the implementation of automated testing
- Interest in the user experience