Sr. Embedded Software Engineer
- 111 Castilian Dr, Santa Barbara, CA, us
Seek Thermal engineers, designs and manufactures high quality thermal imaging products and core platforms for consumer and commercial applications. With headquarters in Santa Barbara, California, the global hub of thermal imaging innovation, the company has developed breakthrough camera cores that will enable a range of affordable products for use at home, work and play. For more information visit thermal.com and follow @seekthermal on Twitter.
We are seeking a Sr. Embedded Software Engineer to join our product development team in our Santa Barbara Corporate offices. Under the general supervision of the Director, Technical Services, this position will be responsible for developing software solutions for our next-generation commercial thermal imaging products. This position will be the focal point for HW/SW integration, requiring a self-driven engineer with strong initiative. Ideal candidates will enjoy creating software and ultimately delivering high-quality products.
• Architect, implement, and maintain complex software for thermal imaging products while working with product development and production teams
• Write clean, easy-to-understand, robust, and sustainable code
• Investigate, select, and document technical approaches
• Bring up and debug proof-of-concept prototypes quickly
• Thoroughly document and support implemented code
SKILLS KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent programming skills and knowledge of C for embedded systems. Familiarity with MATLAB, C++, C#, Python and/or related languages desired
• Experience implementing embedded software in bare-metal, RTOS, or Linux environments
• Experience with interfacing microcontrollers with analog/digital circuits and sensors. Familiarity with visible and thermal sensors desired
• Experience bringing-up and debugging PC boards, including ability to read board schematics, use an oscilloscope and logic analyzer
• Experience developing process tools and documentation (QA test, production software, etc.)
• Knowledge of standard communication protocols (e.g. SPI, I2C, UART, USB, Bluetooth)
• Knowledge of wireless technology such as WiFi and Bluetooth desired.
• Ability to make critical decisions, effectively lead tasks, and meet challenging deadlines
• Ability to build strong relationships and effectively partner with others
• Ability to multi-task in a rapid paced environment
• Strong communication abilities, both verbally and written
• Strong Computer Skills: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Must have strong analytical skills
• Knowledge of thermal imaging, analysis, measurements, and testing desired
• Familiar with industry standard software management tools for version control and issue tracking
BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math, or related field with at least 8 years professional engineering experience
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/g9pc36p83zwxbb8c
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.