Senior Android Developer
SecureID Limited is a smart card manufacturing and personalisation bureau with expertise in the deployment and integration of digital solutions. Historically, we are positioned as the first commercially operated smart card manufacturing plant in sub-Saharan Africa with the ability to manufacture Polycarbonate Cards amongst other card types.
1. Develop new complex mobile applications from top to bottom (user interface design, application design, implementation, unit and functional testing, deployment to customers). Implement new features in existing mobile applications.
2. Act as a technical reference / subject matter expert in all areas of the mobile application development life-cycle.
3. Contribute to the high-performance of the agile-development lifecycle by ensuring productive, consistent and successful sprints by working to reduce blocking issues for the team.
4. Maintain existing mobile software systems by identifying and correcting software defects.
5. Coach and develop team members to increase the team’s bench strength and flexibility.
6. Participate in regular design and code reviews with development team members to confirm use of best practices.
7. Translate business requirements into applications by implementing the best strategy to ensure design meets performance, usability, reliability, and scalability standards.
8. Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed development tasks.
9. Estimate the duration of design, development, and testing tasks.
10. Create new and extend existing operational documentation based on industry best practices and established international standards of software development.
11. Prioritize and organize development tasks in order to contribute to meeting project and product development goals on-time and on-budget.
12. Author detailed documentation for source code created.
13. Understand and evaluate new technologies, develop skills in new technologies.
14. Complete special projects and assignments as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Minimum of 4 years mobile application development experience.
Solid hands-on experience in the following languages / tools / environments:
Android application architecture, design and development.
Mobile development frameworks
Mobile application development tools and environments
In-depth experience with application and user interface level using at least one mobile application development language
Knowledge & experience in Web Services -API
Asynchronous programming and networking protocols.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Expert understanding of Agile Software Development frameworks.
Team-player that is positive, proactive and a motivated self-starter.
Knowledge and experience with build and release management.
Experience in quality assurance processes / tools.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Excellent leadership, team building and relationship management skills.
Excellent time management skills.
Native Java and Kotlin Experience is required.
You've published one or more android apps in the play store.
We are looking for an Android Developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits. This Android app developer will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications. Android Dev team works closely with other app development and technical teams.
Designs, develops and modifies mobile software applications and components; supports and/or installs software applications and components; works from written specifications and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the role. Provides subject matter expertise and technical leadership; leads complex development tasks / projects to successful completion.
As a Senior Android Developer, you'll build beautiful and user-friendly Android apps for our customers. Your code will be written in a timely and scalable way all while ensuring strong optimization. You'll also unit-test your code for robustness including edge cases, usability, and general reliability. You'll work closely with our product team to deliver high-quality Android apps.