- 6211 E 42nd Ave, Denver, CO 80216, USA
Seattle Fish Company has been serving the Rocky Mountain and Midwest regions for over one hundred years. Since our founding in 1918, we’ve been proudly providing our communities with a high-quality, healthful, and sustainable protein: seafood. In addition to seafood, Seattle Fish Company is actively building our Gourmet Provisions portfolio, which is comprised of hundreds of local, artisan and exclusive items such as salts, seasonings, cheeses, jams, sauces and more. We believe in providing our customers with the best products available and an equally impressive customer service experience.
We are a third-generation family owned business and believe that our employees are an integral part of our family. Seattle Fish Company is committed to offering employees a wealth of benefits including: ongoing opportunities for growth and professional development, flexible work schedules, and a transparent yet respectful office environment that encourages success.
Seattle Fish Company Values & Leadership Aspiration
Core Values are deeply ingrained in our culture at Seattle Fish Company. We live, hire, and make daily decisions based on them.
- Customer – Our business has grown from a 16-year-old entrepreneur's dream to a leader in the industry because of our commitment to customer service. We go above and beyond taking orders to guide decisions, share expertise, introduce new products and educate on sustainable practices.
- Quality – Our holistic dedication to quality is more than delivering fresh fish and seafood raised in and harvested from pristine environments. It’s the variety and creativity of our product selection, the sustainability and specificity of our sourcing, and the depth and accuracy of the information we provide.
- Sustainability – Our focus on seafood is inextricably tied to our commitment to sustainability. As one of the most sustainable sources of protein, seafood is the future. But we must be responsible and intentional in how we source it. We are always mindful of how our business and industry impact the environment and future generations.
- Family – We were founded on family, and generations later we remain family-run. It’s also about our employee family, working hard to support our shared vision. It’s about the families of our customers who rely on our seafood for their livelihood. It’s about the families who are nourished by our seafood.
- Philanthropy- After more than 100 years we’ve become undeniably invested in the communities we serve. We’ve adopted a spirit of philanthropy that drives us to find new ways to lend our support locally and globally. Not only through our business practices, but also through charitable contributions, volunteer efforts and industry leadership.
Living these values will help us to achieve our ultimate goal, or what we like to refer to as our Leadership Aspiration: Leading the growth of sustainable seafood consumption throughout the West. We will grow seafood consumption through consistently delivering quality products to our customers, providing thought leadership on sustainability within the community and our industry, hiring top talent and creating a continuous learning environment of engaged employees.
We are conveniently located in north Denver near the light rail and close to the Stapleton and Northfield neighborhoods which offer numerous restaurants, coffee shops and shopping.
Why You Should Apply
Seattle Fish offers a unique culture made up of fellow fishmongers and fishmonger support staff. We value our employees’ quality of life both inside and outside of work. Our employees have access to medical, dental, vision, life, short- and long-term disability insurances as well as participation in a 401 (k) retirement savings account. We offer a casual environment, tuition reimbursement, gym memberships, product purchasing, and company celebrations and events.
Who would work for a fresh seafood company over a thousand miles from the Ocean? You have to love a challenge, with windswept plains to the east and snow-covered mountain passes to the west, the most perishable product there is and customers who demand the highest standards.
Still reading? You may be our kind of person!
We’re seeking a Distribution Manager who is as obsessive as we are about delivering the freshest product, on time, and with a calm smile.
You are good at:
- Staying calm under pressure
- Finding solutions to tough logistical challenges
- Envisioning an awesome future and getting everyone around you on board
We need you to:
- Lead a team of dedicated delivery drivers, instilling a sense of pride in fantastic customer service.
- Work with the Safety Coordinator to ensure the highest levels of safety for our team and other road users.
- Drive efficiency in our current operations through effective scheduling and planning, analysis of performance, and working with vendors to ensure our truck assets are kept in tip-top condition.
- Look for new distribution models that can increase efficiency and customer service even further.
- As part of the Seattle Fish Leadership Team, collaborate with cross functional colleagues and lead improvements across the business.
We offer you:
- You work for a highly recognized and respected Colorado brand, across the retail and food service business.
- You have the opportunity to make a difference, every day. You have direct access to the Executive Team and if you have a good idea, we’ll ask you to make it happen!
- You work for a growing, mission-driven company where our goal is to sustainably feed people. Alongside sustainability, our company values are Customer Service, Quality, Family and Philanthropy.
Seattle Fish Co. believes that each employee makes a signification contribution to the success of the company. The contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline the responsibilities but not limited to such responsibilities. Nothing in this job description is restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- 5+ years experience in distribution operations and facility management.
- Windows and Microsoft Office software
- Excellent leadership skills leading people through middle management driving discipline and change in a large facility.
This job operated in an office and warehouse environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit or stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Seattle Fish Co. believes that each employee makes a signification contribution to the success of the company. The contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this job posting is designed to outline the responsibilities but not limited to such responsibilities. Nothing in this job posting restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Seattle Fish Company makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any listed factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business, and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects of employment: application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment. EEO/AA