Rust Software Engineer (Global / Remote)
- 232 View St, Mountain View, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Do you remember what the Cloud was meant to be? Have you always thought: there’s a better way to do this? At Seaplane, we’re doing it! We believe in eliminating cloud waste, scaling globally, and having our users spend only on the compute they need, where and when they need it. So we built a control plane that takes users further using a serverless edge computing platform. Already we have points of presence in tens of countries around the world, and we’re growing fast.
Started in Silicon Valley and backed by Sequoia Capital, we think globally from day one. We're a 100% remote company, committed to growing an inclusive team with the most talented people everywhere. All our roles are remote and available at all experience levels. If you are passionate about building and operating the next generation of global cloud systems, come work with us!
We value creativity, versatility, curiosity, and enthusiasm above specific knowledge in specific tools. Our culture is one of mutual respect and support, where we actively foster each other's professional growth. We move fast, work hard, laugh a lot, and fearlessly Figure Things Out.
We're hiring with time zone diversity in mind for uninterrupted service so teams can confidently hand off responsibilities as the sun moves.
We welcome applications without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or taste in music.
We think Rust is the best language for new systems software. Our core platform is all in Rust, from our GRPC-based microservices, to our distributed control plane, and microVM extensions in AWS Firecracker. Everything we do is built on Linux and we’re rethinking how control and data planes are built on EBPF, Wireguard, io_uring, and other modern kernel features. We think using these from Rust gives us the best balance of performance and safety for our customers. And it's a lot of fun too!
You'll love this job if:
- You love Rust!
- You know how to balance rapid development with long-term code maintainability and supportability.
- Your disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance is one of your super powers.
- Your range of experience with frontend, backend, machine learning, or full-stack is another superpower.
- You've beaten your head against web infrastructure and distributed systems and won!
- You can walk us through your exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms)
- You're an experienced debugger unfazed by the firefighting needed when production environments are in flames.
- You're comfortable with a variety of modern software frameworks and learn new tools as a matter of course or for fun.
- You're detail-oriented and passionate about creating an awesome user experience.
- You put EQ above ego and focus on team success helping your team members through code reviews.
As an early team member you will help shape our technology, operations, and the future of our service. You will work on projects through their entire lifecycle, from initial requirements, to implementation, and production operation. As a startup, we appreciate your ability to do what’s needed now, while planning for the future. Besides our internal systems, you will have the opportunity to contribute to open source communities, and help us delight our customers too! Working as a team, we’ll cover a lot of ground and grow together.
If you have interest or experience in such technologies then you'll love what we're doing. Join us in building and operating the future of serverless in the Seaplane cloud!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.