- 15495 Eagle Nest Terrace, Miami Lakes, FL 33014, USA
The current enrollment and behavior management process between parents and school administrators is inefficient and outdated. SchoolMint’s mission is to streamline and modernize that system so that everyone can get back to what they do best - helping our kids succeed!
SchoolMint is a mobile technology platform that is helping districts to attract, enroll, develop, and retain students. SchoolMint and its Hero behavior management platform are used by K12 schools used by thousands of schools in more than 100 cities and 30 states worldwide. Our team consists of folks who have trained at MIT, Harvard, USC, UC Berkeley, and Stanford and have previously worked at The Climate Corporation, Edmodo, Apple, Pearson, and Teach For America. Headquartered in San Francisco, SchoolMint is well funded by reputable venture capital firms such as New Schools Venture Fund, Crosslink Capital, Kapor Capital, and Imagine K12 as well as some amazing angel investors pioneering the technology and education world.
At SchoolMint, we work hard to build and maintain a diverse and inclusive culture and work environment. We welcome all and value every individuality because we know how advantageous diversity is to our employees, our product, and our communities.
SchoolMint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
SchoolMint is actively searching for an Account Executive (AE) in our Miami office or remote in select remote SouthEast locations. The AE’s primary goal is to help increase Hero K12 partnerships with Public School Districts and Charter Schools within a defined territory. The Account Executive responsibilities will include lead sourcing, qualifying, demonstrations/presentations, contract negotiations, and closing. The AE will be a compelling, articulate advocate of the value that our software solutions will provide to schools and families.
The AE is a high-energy, self-motivated individual with exceptional communication and creative problem-solving skills. The AE is comfortable working in a fluid environment, is a team player, is coachable, and has a strong desire to continually learn and improve. To be successful, the role requires self-reliance, grit, and determination to persistently follow up with leads, qualify opportunities, and close contracts for our rapidly growing venture-backed business. Excellent networking, presentation, and closing will be critical to success. We're looking for professionals with strong detail orientation, and superior organizational and follow up skills, who work well in a team environment. Prior closing experience along with K12 experience and a college degree will enhance your candidacy for this role.
Key Job Responsibilities:
Achieve monthly, quarterly and yearly revenue targets.
Manage the sales process from prospecting to negotiation, to the signing of the contract.
Make a high volume of daily emails and phone calls to decision makers.
Conduct exemplary sales presentation, and product demos.
Use, maintain and manage all opportunity data in Salesforce.com
Become a credible resource to and develop trusted relationships with K-12 school administrators and decision makers.
Maintain up to date and extensive knowledge on all Hero K12 product offerings through participation in product demonstrations, meetings, and marketing materials. Effectively communicate our value propositions to key decision makers.
Stay current on industry trends and maintain extensive knowledge of competitor’s product offerings.
Create and refine prospecting and selling strategies and test key hypotheses in collaboration with the team.
Maintain strong relationships with marketing and sales teams through clear communication and follow-up.
Participate on projects teams as needed to support Sales and Marketing initiatives
Represent our company at conferences, events, and other community engagement opportunities
Our ideal candidate:
- You have worked in K-12 education before and have an understanding of administrative processes, structure, and parent facing interactions schools manage on a daily and yearly basis.
- You have 3+ years of experience selling enterprise wide SaaS based system such as SIS/SRS, LMS, or CRM.
- You adhere to solution selling or challenger methodologies.
- You are familiar with sales processes, tools, and systems like Salesforce.com and Pardot.
- You have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- You are highly motivated by managing the sales cycle from prospect to close.
- You are entrepreneurial and independent with the ability to challenge and inspire the SchoolMint team and customers.
- You have the organizational skills to balance and prioritize a high volume of tasks and objectives on a daily basis.
- You are proactive and self-reliant, and at the same time have a “team first” mentality.
- You are tenacious and persistent and are energizing by hitting goals and deadlines and winning/closing deals.
- You love experimenting and finding better/faster ways to do things.
- You are organized, detail oriented, and understand the need to track everything you do.
- You can pick up the phone and talk to anyone, about anything, at anytime.
- You are willing to travel up to 40 percent of the time depending on location and territory
- You like to have fun at work!
Educational Assistance Program
Competitive PTO program & Paid Holidays
Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
Catered lunch (if working from Miami office)
Casual work environment with people that also know how to have fun!