Demand Generation/Growth Marketing Manager
- 564 Market St, San Francisco, CA 94104, USA
About our Marketing Team
Our marketing team has been recognized as one of the most innovative teams in the country. We use state of the art tools, and employ an incredibly modern approach to the craft of Marketing. Our team is a mix of writers, designers, illustrators, storytellers, and creative technologists who work in collaboration to develop the voice of our brand. Marketing influences all departments in the organization in order to create a consistent message to our current and future customers.
About our company
We are on a mission to improve the whole student journey and better connect schools with families.
The days of students defaulting to an assigned neighborhood schools are a thing of the past. Families should be able to choose the school that is right for their children. Often times there are multiple options. Those options are not always known, much less understood.
SchoolMint is the leader in strategic enrollment management software for Pre-K-12 schools nationwide. Over 7,500 schools use our products to improve student enrollment, registration, application, lottery, and school choice for families.
At SchoolMint, we have a diverse, inclusive culture and work environment. SchoolMint is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Founded in 2013, SchoolMint, along with Hero K12, is a subsidiary of EdTech Holdings (backed by BV Investment Partners).
We are a customer-centric company. You are a marketer who is a champion for the customer journey. You believe marketing automation has come a long way since batch and blast, spray and pray, or whatever it used to be. You gravitate to marketing folks who let you geek out about behavioral data & multi-touch attribution. You are authentic. You believe that relationships of all sorts are built through lightweight interactions over time. If this sounds like you, we need to talk. We are looking for a talented and driven B2B marketer to own demand generation and customer acquisition. Here, marketing is not a cost center, we are a quota-carrying revenue generation team. You will play an integral role on this team.
25% marketing calendar research & strategy, 25% marketing metrics and channel performance analysis, 15% hands-on SEO/SEM program setup and testing, 15% writing, 10% systems/operations management, 10% creative.
The Demand Generation/Growth Marketing Manager serves as the company’s subject matter expert for all aspects of demand generation. You are responsible for the marketing programming calendar and maintaining the company’s rich marketing automation programs. You will have a handle and input on the best tactics for every stage of our customers’ journey. You develop marketing activities that boost lead acquisition rates, funnel movement and enhance exposure within regional markets to support sales objectives.
You are a metrics-oriented “numbers” person with the ability to measure and track all marketing activity over time, break down complex programs and translate marketing analytics into actionable data. You can recognize trends and develop a proven process for future program iterations. You are able to report findings to coworkers and management in a way that allows them to understand what worked and why.
You can demonstrate your skills and tell us your story through your past work and campaign examples that you had a significant hand in deploying and measuring.
- Subject matter expert for marketing automation, multi-channel demand generation, inbound, email and database marketing strategy.
- Responsible for marketing demand gen calendar and programs that span every stage of the customer’s journey.
- Provide strategic guidance, hands-on implementation, and reporting on the ROI of all marketing programs.
- Manage the marketing tech-stack which includes: Marketo, AdRoll, Adalysis, GoogleAnalytics, Google Website Optimizer, Litmus, Wordpress, and marketing aspects of Salesforce.com (our CRM).
- Provide marketing worldview and input on adjacent systems along the customer journey including Salesforce, Gainsight, Influitive, InsightSquared, and Distribution Engine.
- Manages and owns logic for lead scoring, nurturing, onboarding, and all marketing automation activities.
- Maintains monthly and quarterly metrics dashboard for all demand generation programs.
- Participates and helps develop KPI metrics for marketing, reported to executives.
- Develops methods for tracking new opportunities created, conversion rates, and ROI for each marketing activity.
- Liaison for marketing department to sales, and customer success
- Owns service level agreement between marketing and sales.
- Develops program documentation to brief sales team on marketing program objectives, target audience, key message, program sequencing, metrics and program details.
A week in the life of our Marketing Operations Manager
- Marketing Performance Analysis – review and react to ongoing marketing channel activity, and report on performance of campaigns.
- Strategic planning – monthly, quarterly marketing calendar preparation. Use a mix of past performance, and quarterly lead generation goals to guide strategic plan.
- Team resource planning - Align campaign demands with creative team capacity.
- Manage ongoing pay-per-click programming on Google AdWords.
- Manage ongoing SEO performance using MOZ.
- Work with our creative team (copywriter, creative director, and marketing automation solutions engineer) to execute marketing programming which could include: emails, landing pages, structural page layout, blog posts, customer stories, special landing pages, special tools and calculators.
- Implement all click funnel and demand gen tactics on both SchoolMint.com and HeroK12.com marketing websites.
- Maintain all logic and responsibility for form routing and sales team notifications for all marketing generated opportunities.
- Appropriately tag all programs for the purpose of behavioral analysis and multi-touch lead attribution.
- Reviews and tunes lead scoring engine in Marketo.
- Assures we are analyzing our marketing funnel on a monthly basis, building relationships through lightweight interactions over time.
- Analyzes MQL to MGO to Closed-won velocity and conversion rates. Tracks all marketing generated revenue.
- CRM reporting and data mining as needed.
Your hand in guiding strategy
- Assists with developing Marketing KPI dashboards for monthly, quarterly and annual review.
- Develops conversion metrics and key department mathematics to determine marketing’s contribution to sales revenue.
- 5-7 years in a similar role in corporate marketing, direct response marketing, app marketing, BtoB Software, SaaS company, or advertising agency work experience.
- An expert in your craft with a desire to continue learning, and pride in getting things done.
- A passion for customers and the ability to understand their journey and experience.
- Hands on experience/certification with Marketo preferred (Hubspot, Eloqua, ActOn, Pardot also applicable).
- The only thing that motivates you more than an increase in ROI is creating the report that clearly proves what actions moved the needle.
- You have an analytical mindset. Decisions are easy for you because you test the options and let the numbers decide.
- Can honestly juggle multiple, very different tasks – sales call today, opportunity recycling tomorrow, event promotion brainstorm the next day, lead attribution the next, etc.
- Ability to represent marketing in cross-department situations.
- Hands-on experience implementing and optimizing SEM campaigns.
- Experience with advanced-level analytics. Ideally Google Analytics certified.
- Technically proficient with data collection methods, analytics tools and building reports.
- Experience with campaign testing and long-term ROI analysis.
- Experience with web campaigns and landing page strategy and optimization.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take direction and work collaboratively or independently when necessary.
- Desire to help create something big.
- People that have worked with you will attest to the above
Some things we might ask you in the interview
- Based on your research, tell me what SchoolMint and Hero do for schools.
- How has marketing evolved over the last 5 years?
- What would make your next job the best job you’ve ever had?
- Show me examples of your work developing marketing programming that was successful. Why did it work?
- Tell me about a time you felt company leadership was wrong. What did you do?
- What movie, no matter how many times you’ve seen it, do you have to watch when it’s on?
- What’s the best feedback you’ve ever received? What did you do with it?
- What are you working on improving about yourself, or learning right now?
BA/BS degree in Marketing or equivalent discipline
- Competitive health benefits
- Commuter benefits program
- Competitive PTO program & paid holidays
- Stock Options
- Daily catered lunch and snacks all day long!
- Casual work environment with people that also know how to have fun!
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume and relevant examples of current or past work that you are proud of. Include an overview of your Marketing / Sales system experience - what tools you have worked with and in what capacity.. Incomplete submissions will be dismissed.
This is a full-time position.
Position can report to our Miami, San Francisco, or New York office (additional location options are negotiable for top candidates).