School Support Specialist
- 5to piso Edificio Torre del Este, San Pedro, Montes de Oca, San Jose
The current admissions and communications process between parents and school administrators is inefficient and outdated. SchoolMint’s mission is to streamline and modernize that system so that everyone can get back to what they do best - helping our kids succeed!
SchoolMint is an online recruitment, enrollment, and communication platform for K12 schools used by thousands of schools in more than 100 cities and 30 states worldwide. Our team consists of folks who have trained at MIT, Harvard, USC, UC Berkeley, and Stanford and have previously worked at The Climate Corporation, Edmodo, Apple, Pearson, and Teach For America. Headquartered in San Francisco, SchoolMint is well funded by reputable venture capital firms such as New Schools Venture Fund, Crosslink Capital, Kapor Capital, and Imagine K12 as well as some amazing angel investors pioneering the technology and education world.
At SchoolMint, we work hard to build and maintain a diverse and inclusive culture and work environment. We welcome all and value every individuality because we know how advantageous diversity is to our employees, our product, and our communities.
SchoolMint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Founded in 2013, SchoolMint, along with Hero K12, is a subsidiary of EdTech Holdings (backed by BV Investment Partners).
SchoolMint is a parent-school interactions platform helping schools and parents save a lot of money and time by bringing all the manual processes like enrollment, payments, communication and all other interactions to mobile and web. The School Support Specialist will focus on two key areas: helping schools gain deeper understanding of SchoolMint by answering questions and resolving technical issues, and helping schools make the most of SchoolMint’s functionality by teaching them about the platform and its features.
The School Support Specialist will be responsible for making sure schools and parents have a smooth, happy experience with SchoolMint. The position will provide excellent and attentive service, creating prompt resolution to any issues our customers face.
- Work with customers on software issues; answer support tickets by phone and email with the goal of swift resolution and high customer satisfaction
- Develop user-facing and internal support guides and documentation
- Stay current and confident with all SchoolMint product updates
- Collaborate with customer success, product, and engineering team members to investigate and resolve user questions or issues
- Adopt and implement new support channels and tools over time as needed
- Collect and analyze support data based on varying needs and metrics
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- 1-2 years experience in client/customer support role
- Fluency in English for phone and email support and technical writing
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; the ability to balance competing priorities and complete all tasks in a timely manner
- Drive and persistence to investigate questions and track down solutions
- Comfort with in a fluid and informal environment
- Willingness to work non-standard hours; work hours for this role are 11am - 7pm Monday - Thursday, 10am - 6pm Friday (all times EST)
- Strong interest in data and technology, especially education technology
- To share and identify with our core values: https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/SchoolMint
These skills will help you really excel on our team:
- Data analysis using Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Knowledge of databases, including SQL
- The ability to quickly learn new software products, systems and workflows
- Experience working with customers with a wide range of technical skills
- Experience working with schools and/or school leadership teams
Team lunches once per week
Referral bonus program
Casual work environment with people who also know how to have fun!
Stocked kitchen and lounge areas.
Work from home days