School Support Specialist in the Greenpoint/Brooklyn Area
- New York, NY
Who We Are:
SchoolMint is changing the way schools manage enrollment and communication with
parents/students. We are creating an elite team of professionals and are seeking
applications from experienced support specialists.
SchoolMint is an online recruitment, enrollment, and communication platform for K12 schools used by thousands of schools in more than 100 cities and 30 states worldwide. Our team consists of folks who have trained at MIT, Harvard, USC, UC Berkeley, and Stanford and have previously worked at The Climate Corporation, Edmodo, Apple, Pearson, and Teach For America. Headquartered in San Francisco, SchoolMint is well funded by reputable venture capital firms such as New Schools Venture Fund, Crosslink Capital, Kapor Capital, and Imagine K12 as well as some amazing angel investors pioneering the technology and education world.
At SchoolMint, we work hard to build and maintain a diverse and inclusive culture and work environment. We welcome all and value every individuality because we know how advantageous diversity is to our employees, our product, and our communities.
SchoolMint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Who You Are:
- Problem-Solver: You work to understand other people's perspectives and swiftly
develop a strategy to help them achieve their goals.
- Effective Communicator: You successfully resolve support tickets by managing the customer's support issues through email and phone.
- Strategic Thinker: You know how to identify and highlight strategic practices in support and manage a Support Center.
- Real Passion for Education: You have an appreciation for K-12 education and those who serve as school leaders.
- You hold a Bachelor's degree or higher
- You have 2 years of relevant experience in a customer and/or technical support role at an education, financial services or healthcare company
- You have demonstrated expertise in Zendesk, Desk, JIRA or Pivotal Tracker
- You have proven success working in a dynamic, highly collaborative and diverse
- You have volunteer or professional experience with an organization that works with
- You have proven knowledge of the K-12 education system
- You have professional fluency in Spanish
● Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
● Catered lunch in the office daily
● Access to G Train, MTA Bus Service, East River Ferry and Citi Bike Stations
● Office equipped with lounge, pool table, foosball table, and TV
● Excellent company ethics/culture
● Dog-friendly office