Data Entry Specialist
- San José, Costa Rica
The current admissions and communications process between parents and school administrators is inefficient and outdated. SchoolMint’s mission is to streamline and modernize that system so that everyone can get back to what they do best - helping our kids succeed!
SchoolMint is an online recruitment, enrollment, and communication platform for K12 schools used by thousands of schools in more than 100 cities and 30 states worldwide. Our team consists of folks who have trained at MIT, Harvard, USC, UC Berkeley, and Stanford and have previously worked at The Climate Corporation, Edmodo, Apple, Pearson, and Teach For America. Headquartered in San Francisco, SchoolMint is well funded by reputable venture capital firms such as New Schools Venture Fund, Crosslink Capital, Kapor Capital, and Imagine K12 as well as some amazing angel investors pioneering the technology and education world.
At SchoolMint, we work hard to build and maintain a diverse and inclusive culture and work environment. We welcome all and value every individuality because we know how advantageous diversity is to our employees, our product, and our communities.
SchoolMint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Data Entry Clerk Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains database by entering new and updated customer and account information.
Data Entry Clerk Job Duties:
- Prepares source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information; establishing entry priorities.
- Processes account source documents by reviewing data for deficiencies; resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the team leader for resolution.
- Enters customer and account data by inputting alphabetic and numeric information using appropriate web tools.
- Maintains data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures..
- Tests customer and account system changes and upgrades by inputting new data; reviewing output.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Organization, Typing, Data Entry Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Decision Making
- Analyzing Information
- Results Driven
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with computer and cloud based applications and resources (text editors, spreadsheets, online storage services, etc)
- Some HTML knowledge will be useful
- Self driven
- Team player
- Bi-Lingual skills in English and Spanish needed
- Ability to translate Eng/Span and Span/Eng
Team lunches once per week
Referral bonus program
Casual work environment with people who also know how to have fun!
Stocked kitchen and lounge areas.