- San Francisco, CA
The current admissions and communications process between parents and school administrators is inefficient and outdated. SchoolMint’s mission is to streamline and modernize that system so that everyone can get back to what they do best - helping our kids succeed!
SchoolMint is an online recruitment, enrollment, and communication platform for K12 schools used by thousands of schools in more than 100 cities and 30 states worldwide. Our team consists of folks who have trained at MIT, Harvard, USC, UC Berkeley, and Stanford and have previously worked at The Climate Corporation, Edmodo, Apple, Pearson, and Teach For America. Headquartered in San Francisco, SchoolMint is well funded by reputable venture capital firms such as New Schools Venture Fund, Crosslink Capital, Kapor Capital, and Imagine K12 as well as some amazing angel investors pioneering the technology and education world.
At SchoolMint, we work hard to build and maintain a diverse and inclusive culture and work environment. We welcome all and value every individuality because we know how advantageous diversity is to our employees, our product, and our communities.
SchoolMint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
SchoolMint has an in-depth and complex product to solve all the operational needs of school administrators, including running lotteries, managing waitlists, exporting data to School Information Systems, and communicating with parents. SchoolMint also helps parents apply their children to schools through our website and native mobile apps. Your job is to make all of the complexity of our product simple and easy to use for school administrators and parents of varying levels of technical competence.
What You Will Do:
- Conduct usability testing and synthesize findings into actionable recommendations
- Solve complex interaction problems by leveraging industry best practices and establishing new paradigms
- Communicate long and short-term product design needs, and provide a plan of action
- Wireframe web, mobile web, and native mobile app (phone and tablet) interfaces
Lead cross-functional brainstorms, discussions, and design reviews
Update the navigation and information architecture to help users find what they need
Thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, agile environment
- Experience leading usability testing sessions online and in-person
- Rapid prototyping skills, relying on tools such as pencil and paper, InVision, Balsamiq, Axure, CSS3, etc.
- Well-versed in modern visual and UX patterns, but knows when and how to break out
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to articulate why a design is effective
- Always striving to know the customers for which you are designing
- Strong user interviewing skills; master of active listening
- Able to balance great design with meeting short deadlines
- Knowledge of the psychology behind information visualization
- Experience designing enterprise dashboards and reports for large data sets
- Expert understanding of user-centered design methods and best practices
- Background in interaction design
- Mobile App design, including mobile web
- Ability to review needs for user tracking and analytics
- Opportunity to design a product that makes a real impact on people's lives
- Generous stock options
- Educational Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Competitive PTO program & Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Catered lunch in office.
- Stocked kitchen and beverages provided
- Office is in the SOMA, and easily accessible to public transportation
- Casual work environment with people that also know how to have fun!
In your application, please make sure to include a link to your design portfolio and/or design projects.