- San Francisco, CA, USA, San Francisco, CA
The current admissions and communications process between parents and school administrators is inefficient and outdated. SchoolMint’s mission is to streamline and modernize that system so that everyone can get back to what they do best - helping our kids succeed!
SchoolMint is an online recruitment, enrollment, and communication platform for K12 schools used by thousands of schools in more than 100 cities and 30 states worldwide. Our team consists of folks who have trained at MIT, Harvard, USC, UC Berkeley, and Stanford and have previously worked at The Climate Corporation, Edmodo, Apple, Pearson, and Teach For America. Headquartered in San Francisco, SchoolMint is well funded by reputable venture capital firms such as New Schools Venture Fund, Crosslink Capital, Kapor Capital, and Imagine K12 as well as some amazing angel investors pioneering the technology and education world.
At SchoolMint, we work hard to build and maintain a diverse and inclusive culture and work environment. We welcome all and value every individuality because we know how advantageous diversity is to our employees, our product, and our communities.
SchoolMint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
SchoolMint is looking for a Product Manager to drive product development from conception to launch across Web, iOS, and Android platforms. SchoolMint’s Product Manager will perform market research, position our product within the educational marketplace, and guide product strategy, development, and releases.
- All the basics - define features, write specs and user stories, create wireframes, lead walkthroughs. Communicate functionality and incorporate feedback. Rinse and repeat.
- Prioritize feature ideas and bug fixes, along with growth-experiments and long-term strategic projects
- Manage the daily workflow with a team of engineers and designers. Do whatever your team needs to help them keep moving.
- Work with Account Managers to gather feedback from school administrators on the existing product, new feature ideas, and general pain points. Then synthesize this feedback to guide future product plans.
- Work on integrating the product with other platforms through 3rd-party APIs to help our users manage their data
Research the market and analyze competition to inform decisions
Support product releases by updating FAQs, marketing pages, and other collateral
- 3+ years as a Product Manager, with both web and mobile product experience.
- Excellent ability to communicate your ideas, regardless of audience, and have unmatched collaboration skills.
- Strong penchant for organization, and ability to keep teammates organized and in sync.
- Ability to balance short-term wins with long-term strategic decisions.
- You have strong opinions, weakly held. You are able to take ownership of your work, but when others come up with great ideas, you are willing to put your ego aside to do what's best.
- Strong technical experience, preferably gained through building consumer products on iOS, Android, and Web.
- Good sense of design principles and a strong visual aesthetic.
- Prior experience working at a school district or a charter school.
- Previous startup experience
- Knowledge of Pivotal Tracker and Balsamiq or similar task management and wire-framing tools
- A passion for education and EdTech.
- Generous stock options
- Educational Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Competitive PTO program & Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Catered lunch in office.
- Stocked kitchen and beverages provided
- Office is in the SOMA, and easily accessible to public transportation
- Casual work environment with people that also know how to have fun!