Customer Success Specialist
- San Francisco, CA
The current admissions and communications process between parents and school administrators is inefficient and outdated. SchoolMint’s mission is to streamline and modernize that system so that everyone can get back to what they do best - helping our kids succeed!
SchoolMint is an online recruitment, enrollment, and communication platform for K12 schools used by thousands of schools in more than 100 cities and 30 states worldwide. Our team consists of folks who have trained at MIT, Harvard, USC, UC Berkeley, and Stanford and have previously worked at The Climate Corporation, Edmodo, Apple, Pearson, and Teach For America. Headquartered in San Francisco, SchoolMint is well funded by reputable venture capital firms such as New Schools Venture Fund, Crosslink Capital, Kapor Capital, and Imagine K12 as well as some amazing angel investors pioneering the technology and education world.
At SchoolMint, we work hard to build and maintain a diverse and inclusive culture and work environment. We welcome all and value every individuality because we know how advantageous diversity is to our employees, our product, and our communities.
SchoolMint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
SchoolMint is an online enrollment and communications management parent-school platform used by over 1,500+ schools across the country. The Customer Success Specialist will focus on helping schools realize the value they can get by adopting SchoolMint for their schools and parents.
The Customer Success Specialist will be responsible for ensuring schools and parents have a happy and successful experience with SchoolMint. The position will manage the training of customers on the SchoolMint product and supporting customers on issues, questions or concerns.
Ultimately, the Customer Success Specialist will ensure our customers excel at using SchoolMint, providing prompt resolution to any issues our customers face.
- Manage and deepen relationships with school partners
- Create customer roadmap and develop a success plan for schools to reach each milestone
- Grow customer product usage and up-sell new features
- Drive new business growth through advocacy and referrals
- Collect and manage product feedback from schools to share with engineering and product teams, and participate in product development conversations
- Design and manage product rollout to schools, ensuring they fully adopt new products and features
- Monitor customer health through data analysis and relationship strength
- Strategically address software challenges encountered by parents and schools, and identify prompt resolutions
- BA or BS degree or higher
- 2+ years experience in an account management or customer success role at a technology company
- Experience developing strategies to increase adoption of technology solutions
- Passion for improving education
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills, with the ability to inspire others
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated ability to manage large, multi-stakeholder projects with exceptional results
- Self-driven, persistent, and assertive
- Enthusiastic lifelong learner
- Strong empathy for customers and passion for revenue and growth
- Experience in a startup environment
- Education field experience
- Operations experience working in a public school
- Knowledge of Pivotal Tracker, ZenDesk and/or Salesforce
- Background in technology
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus!
- Generous stock options
- Educational Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Competitive PTO program & Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Catered lunch in office.
- Stocked kitchen and beverages provided
- Office is in the SOMA, and easily accessible to public transportation
- Casual work environment with people that also know how to have fun!