Facility Maintenance Technician
- Franklin Pike, Nashville, TN, USA
SFM is a preeminent facility management company servicing non-profit organizations in middle Tennessee since 1998. We excel in the areas of customer service; knowledgeable solutions and advice; effective results; efficient methodology; and meaningful, challenging and sustainable careers for our employees.
We are looking for a person with strong analytical and technical skills, who is capable of being the first responder for a variety of facility-related maintenance tasks. They must show evidence of ongoing learning and have a great customer service attitude.
Responsible for analyzing and performing basic repairs and preventative maintenance on many different mechanical systems. Must be able to interact professionally with the customer while working on plumbing problems under a sink or an electrical problem high on a ladder, and at the same time smiling and happily working.
- Must possess a minimum of three years experience working on basic electrical, plumbing, mechanical and maintenance systems
- Plumbing skills, leaking sinks, toilets, unclog drain lines, experience with a motion-activated faucet, toilet and urinal flush valves, and troubleshoot water leaks.
- Electrical skills, replace switches, receptacles.
- Small engine experience with golf carts and the ability to maintain them
- Ability to drive Kubota tractor
- Carpentry skills - to build and repair and install items.
- Experienced with power tools, drills, saws, hammer drill, and 2-cycle tools, chainsaw
- Ability to work with others yet can be self-driven and work alone
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 100 pounds (on intermittent basis)
- Ability to bend and twist the body, making the repetitive motion, standing for a long period of times
- Ability to document completed tasks into a computer-based work order system
- Regular hours are 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM; availability to work flexible hours as scheduled (mornings, nights and weekends)
- Minimum education: GED or High School Diploma
- Experience working in facility maintenance
- Basic technical experience applicable to facility maintenance (plumbing, electrical, carpentry)
- Basic Computer skills (Google, Microsoft office)
- Must be able to pass TBI background check required to work in educational facilities with children
- clean driving records
- Must be able to work in a smoke-free campus
- Roll up your sleeves mentality
- Warm, friendly and service-oriented philosophy
- A high degree of flexibility and tolerance for change
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Organized and detail-oriented Customer-service focused
- Work will be both indoor and outdoor and require long periods of movement and activity.
- This employment typically requires: climbing, reaching, standing, walking, and grasping, work environments may be noisy and include repetitive motions.
$22 per hour
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life and short-term disability Insurance (optional), Health Savings Account, 401-K Plan, PTO, paid holidays, and other perks.