Groundskeeper (private school)
- 6455 Murray Ln, Brentwood, TN 37027, USA
SFM is a preeminent facility management company servicing non-profit organizations in middle Tennessee since 1998. We excel in the areas of customer service; knowledgeable solutions and advice; effective results; efficient methodology; and meaningful, challenging and sustainable careers for its employees.
We are looking for a person with a willingness to work, possesses groundskeeping skills and have a great customer service attitude. The job will perform horticultural and grounds maintenance duties at a large private school in the greater area of Nashville. This is an all-year-round job. This person must be willing to engage in a wide variety of work activities, such as moving furniture, setting-up and tearing-down public events, and assisting with basic repairs throughout the campus.
Groundskeeping duties include, but not limited to planting, seeding, mowing, landscape trimming, weed eating, irrigation monitoring, pest control, cleaning grounds, stairwells, walkways, paved areas of snow, litter, and debris. May use small tractors; perform maintenance and minor repairs on equipment used.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- Must have a valid driver's license (clean records)
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be willing to work evenings or weekends when required
- Must be able to pass the criminal background check required to work in educational facilities with children present. (100% reimbursement fingerprint fees)
- Must be able to work in a smoke-free campus
- Must possess a minimum of two years of operating commercial lawn care equipment
- Warm, friendly and service-oriented mentality with a high degree of flexibility and tolerance for change
- Effective written and verbal communications skills and have the ability to document completed tasks into a computer-based work order system
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 100 pounds (on an intermittent basis)
- Ability to bend and twist the body, making a repetitive motion, standing for a long period of time, walking, and climbing ladders (constant movement during shift)
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors environment (80%-90% exposure to inclement weather conditions)
- Regular hours are 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM; availability to work flexible hours as scheduled (mornings, nights and weekends).
- $16 - $18 per hour (depend on experience)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life and short-term disability insurance (optional), Health Savings Account, 401-K Plan, PTO, paid holidays, and other perks.
- Professional Development
Applications are accepted online. The job location is provided for reference ONLY.