Fall / Winter 2020 GeoStructural Engineering Internship
- River Rd, Bethesda, MD, USA
Schnabel Foundation Company is the innovative leader in designing and constructing earth retention systems and specialty foundations. Our values based culture and the dedication of the Schnabel employee family has allowed us to consistently deliver superior customer satisfaction for over a half a century.
Schnabel’s product range includes soil nailing, soldier piles and lagging, sheet piles, secant piles, deep soil mixed walls, underpinning, cutoff walls, jet grouting, landslide stabilization, tiebacks, tiedowns, bracing, deep soil mixing, and micropile foundations. www.schnabel.com
Our GeoStructural Engineering program provides students with an opportunity to develop and enhance their engineering skills through hands-on learning. Students will broaden their practical knowledge and experience as well as apply professional principles to real problems under the supervision of senior engineering personnel.
As a intern, you will assume a wide variety of responsibilities at Schnabel, ensuring a solid understanding of the industry and our business. Our internship program offers countless opportunities for learning and growth.
Position Summary: Responsibilities for this position include a variety of projects including AutoCAD drafting, field data collection, site survey, project reports, quantity take-offs, design assistance and monitoring construction projects.
We have an immediate opening in our Bethesda, MD location.
Requirements for our program:
- Prior professional work or internship experience in a related field is desirable, but not required.
- Candidates must possess good oral and written communications skills, computer literacy, and a positive attitude.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of ACAD and understand construction drawings (ability to perform basic take-offs from drawings).
- Currently enrolled in an engineering program – civil, structural, construction management
- Basic understanding of surveying
- Understand construction drawings (ability to perform basic take-offs from drawings)
- Reliable transportation (will require job site visits)
- Able to work both in the office and in the field
- Must be prepared daily for field work, as required.
Schnabel Foundation Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Schnabel Foundation Company participates with EVerify.