Skilled Construction Laborers - FL
- Florida's Turnpike, Orlando, FL, USA
Schnabel Foundation Company was formed in 1959 as a foundation engineering and construction company in business to design and build excavation support and specialized foundation systems. We still do that today. We have grown from a single office in Washington, DC to include nine offices from coast-to-coast where we now employ over 40 professional engineers who design and manage the construction projects in those offices.
Laborers assist with the installation of excavation support. Main skills required include hand digging and backfilling for the installing of lagging or underpinning. Other duties include but are not limited to mixing grout, tending tieback drill rigs, shotcrete work of digging trenches, cleaning up drbris or other duties.
Laborers also operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments. PPE requred.
Job Responsibilities (not inclusive)
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate movement of machinery or materials
- Dig, trim, clean and prepare piles, then install and backfill for hard wood lagging
- Did, trim, ring and backfille for underpinning pits, place and vebrate concrete, mix sand-cement and dry-pack for underpinning piers
- Ten machines that pump grout or concrete as well as, apply shotcrete through spray nozzles for application to walls
- Smooth or finish freshly poured cement or concrete, using floats, trowels, screeds, or powered cement finishing tools
- A minimum of 6 months construction labor work experience and good references
- Underpinning experience
- Lagging experience
- Forklift experience in a construction setting, small earth moving equipment such as mini excavator or skid steer loaders
- Be able to pass drug screening
- High school diploma or GED
- Possess valid driver's license or other accepted legal ID
- Union affiliation or willingness to take the necessary steps to join the union
- Safety conscious (comply with safety procedures)
- Experience with picks, shovels, and air tools for excavation
- Preference given for experience with forklift, small earth moving equipment such as mini excavator or skid steer loaders
Typical Physical Demands
- Ability to climb, kneel, stoop, crouch, balance, squat and tolerate heights without fear due to nature of job typically outside with often uneven and/or muddy ground
- Lift to chest height, carry and break 94-lb cement bags repeatedly throughout the workday
- Work in levels of noise, dust, moisture and temperatures normally found on construction sites
- Work in confined space
Schnabel Foundation Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Schnabel Foundation Company participates with EVerify.