Shop/Field Heavy Equipment Mechanic
- 1654 Lower Roswell Rd, Marietta, GA 30068, USA
Schnabel Foundation Company was formed in 1959 as a foundation engineering and construction company in business to design and build excavation support and specialized foundation systems. We still do that today. We have grown from a single office in Washington, DC to include nine offices from coast-to-coast where we now employ over 40 professional engineers who design and manage the construction projects in those offices.
Schnabel Equipment, a division of Schnabel Foundation Company is looking for a Shop/Field Heavy Equipment Mechanic.
Do you want to work for a company that values your skills? Do you want to work for a company that values safety above all else? Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then Schnabel Equipment is the company for you!
Apply today and jump start your career with the Schnabel family.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform repairs with limited supervision with higher level of responsibility for repair.
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
- Disassemble and assemble machines/components. Recondition/repair as required.
- Work overtime as required by workload as needed.
- Select proper tooling for any standard job and demonstrate proficiency with diagnostic tools.
- Perform diagnostics and organize appropriate repair procedures.
- Successfully complete appropriate training sessions as required.
- Demonstrate safe and proper application of hand, pneumatic and electric tools.
- Perform tasks from verbal/written instructions and communicate effectively with supervisor and fellow employees.
- Follow directions as given; follow company policies and procedures.
- Build competencies and share skills with other technicians, retain acquired knowledge.
- Be responsible and proactive for personal development and training requirements for growth.
- Demonstrate and promote Schnabel Equipment core values of Integrity, Teamwork, Respect, Quality and Service.
- Travel to other shops, yards and construction sites.
- Work in the field as required by manager or supervisor.
- Experience in heavy equipment maintenance and repair including diesel engines, hydraulic and electrical systems preferred (minimum 5 years experience).
- Welding and fabricating skill a plus.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
Schnabel Foundation Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Schnabel Foundation Company participates with EVerify.