Construction Pile Drivers - DC Metro Area
- Washington DC Metro Area, Washington, DC
Schnabel Foundation Company was formed in 1959 as a foundation engineering and construction company in business to design and build excavation support and specialized foundation systems. We still do that today. We have grown from a single office in Washington, DC to include nine offices from coast-to-coast where we now employ over 40 professional engineers who design and manage the construction projects in those offices.
Schnabel Foundation Company is continually looking for skilled pile drivers to perform typical pile driving activities associated with sheeting and shoring. Schnabel is a foundation engineering and construction company that designs and builds excavation support and specialized foundation systems.
Pile drivers work with pile-driving rigs that drive metal, concrete or wood piling into the earth during the early stages of construction. They are usually the first workers at a commercial job site. They drive metal sheet piling to hold back dirt during excavations, drive concrete, metal and wood pilings as part of the foundation system for skyscrapers and drive wood and concrete pilings to hold up docks, wharves and bridges. Pile drivers work with a variety of hand and portable power tools, and frequently cut, join and fasten metal construction materials using welding equipment and oxy-acetylene torches.
Preference given to candidates with:
- A minimum of 6 months of construction labor work experience and good references.
- Lagging experience
- Welding experience
- Fork lift, small earth moving equipment such as mini excavator, or skid steer loaders experience
- Be able to pass drug and alcohol screening
- High school diploma or GED
- Possess valid driver's license or other accepted legal ID
- Union affiliation or willingness to take the necessary steps to join the union
- Safety conscious (Comply with proper safety procedures)
- The ability to take direction and work together with others
Typical Physical Demands:
- Ability to climb, kneel, stoop, crouch, balance, squat and tolerate heights without fear due to nature of job typically outside with often uneven and/or muddy ground
- Must have the ability to exert heavy physical effort, handling average weight objects up to 50 lbs.
- Work in levels of noise, dust, moisture and temperatures normally found on construction sites
- Work in confined space (If hired to dig an underpinning pit)
Schnabel Foundation Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Schnabel Foundation Company participates with EVerify.