2021 GeoStructural Engineering Summer Internship
- 45240 Business Ct, Sterling, VA 20166, USA
Schnabel was founded in 1959 in Washington D.C. by Harry V. Schnabel Jr.
His commitment to innovation and operational efficiency was driven by an intuitive understanding of what clients valued most — getting out of the ground to street level as quickly, safely and efficiently as possible.
Over 60 years later, and now with a national footprint, Schnabel still prioritizes innovation and operational efficiency as a proven pathway to success.
Schnabel’s Internship Program provides students with an opportunity to develop and enhance their engineering skills through hands-on learning. This unique opportunity will allow students to broaden their practical knowledge and experience as well as apply professional principles to real problems under the supervision of Schnabel’s President and Vice President of Engineering.
As an intern, you will assume a wide variety of responsibilities at Schnabel, ensuring a solid understanding of the industry and our business. Our internship program offers countless opportunities for learning, growth and networking.
During your internship, possible work assignments you will learn and perform include:
- Assisting in the construction bidding process.
- Assisting with the preparation of proposals.
- Assisting with the management of project budgets.
- Data collection.
- AutoCAD drafting.
- Project reports.
- Design assistance.
- Monitoring construction projects.
- Documenting on laptops and tablets productivity.
- Summarizing historical job information including productivity and monitoring results.
- Able to apply civil engineering concepts to problem-solving.
- Understands construction drawings (ability to perform basic take-offs from drawings).
- Basic knowledge and understanding of CAD Software.
- Currently enrolled in engineering (Civil, Geostructural, Geotechnical or Construction Management) Bachelors/Masters program.
- Well organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Reliable transportation (use of a personal vehicle).
- Desire to be in the construction industry.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Positive attitude.
- Attention to details
- High-level technical skills (mathematics/physics) to solve complex engineering problems.
Schnabel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Schnabel participates with EVerify.