Internship - Research and Development
- 45240 Business Ct, Sterling, VA 20166, USA
Schnabel was founded in 1959 in Washington D.C. by Harry V. Schnabel Jr.
His commitment to innovation and operational efficiency was driven by an intuitive understanding of what clients valued most — getting out of the ground to street level as quickly, safely and efficiently as possible.
Over 60 years later, and now with a national footprint, Schnabel still prioritizes innovation and operational efficiency as a proven pathway to success.
Learn first-hand how construction projects are executed in the field and the role Project Managers play in the process. This position will give you exposure to the relationships between General Contractors, Subcontractors, Suppliers, Engineers, Project Managers and Field Superintendents and how they communicate and work together as a team.
During your internship, possible work assignments you will learn and perform are…
- Working both in the corporate office and out in the field
- Reading construction drawings and documents/specifications
- Assisting field personnel with monitoring, surveying and other tasks on the job-site
- Documenting on laptops and tablets productivity, installation records, Daily Construction Reports, pictures and other Quality Control items
- Summarizing historical job information including productivity and monitoring results
- Working towards Bachelors or Masters in Civil Engineering
- Desire to be in the construction industry
- Ability to travel (use of a personal vehicle)
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal a must
- Computer skills such as Excel
Schnabel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Schnabel participates with EVerify.