Operations Manager, Aurora Colorado
- 2950 S Jamaica Ct, Aurora, CO 80014, USA
Schnabel was founded in 1959 in Washington D.C. by Harry V. Schnabel Jr.
His commitment to innovation and operational efficiency was driven by an intuitive understanding of what clients valued most — getting out of the ground to street level as quickly, safely and efficiently as possible.
Over 60 years later, and now with a national footprint, Schnabel still prioritizes innovation and operational efficiency as a proven pathway to success.
Operations Managers are responsible for leading a team of Project Managers and Construction Managers focused on building the Group’s backlog of projects. The Operations Manager participates in Group planning, personnel development and product improvement. Operations Managers are responsible for hiring, developing and training project management resources including Project Managers, Construction Managers, Foremen, and field personnel. Operations Managers have significant experience in construction and are adept at managing several projects simultaneously and displaying strong leadership skills. This position will be located in Aurora, Colorado and will report directly to the Vice President/Regional Manager.
The Job Responsibilities are as follows:
- Oversee all group projects, field staff, and project managers
- Recruit, hire, & train all positions on the group operational team
- Mentor junior staff by providing guidance, direction, and coaching
- Maintain compliance with OSHA and Schnabel safety requirements
- Exceed client expectations for quality and schedule on every project
- Facilitate contract negotiation and administration
- Coordinate with pre-construction sales team for project design preparation for pre-construction and through construction
- Monitor and manage project schedules and budgets
- Maintain invoicing and collections
- Manage group/regional equipment fleet to meet company and group financial goals
- Identify and implement improvements to processes, procedures, products, or equipment across all projects
- Develop market knowledge and apply it to future planning
- Maintain relationships with customer decision makers
- Seek and develop projects leads through ongoing projects with clients
- Work with Equipment Committee to achieve an effective and reliable equipment fleet
- Accountable for project and equipment fleet financial performance
- Participate in company planning
- Accurately provide revenue and profit projections each month
- Complete reviews with field and office project management staff regularly
- Undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Construction Engineering or equivalent degree and experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in geotechnical construction (Earth Retention, Deep foundations, Ground Improvement)
- Successful work history with designing, bidding, and managing geotechnical construction projects
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Strong management and supervisory skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable with negotiation and conflict resolution
Schnabel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Schnabel participates with EVerify.