Senior Project Manager, Pre-Construction
- 1654 Lower Roswell Rd, Marietta, GA 30068, USA
Schnabel was founded in 1959 in Washington D.C. by Harry V. Schnabel Jr.
His commitment to innovation and operational efficiency was driven by an intuitive understanding of what clients valued most — getting out of the ground to street level as quickly, safely and efficiently as possible.
Over 60 years later, and now with a national footprint, Schnabel still prioritizes innovation and operational efficiency as a proven pathway to success.
Senior Project Managers, Pre-Construction work within the Sales/Pre-Construction group to develop solutions to clients’ needs. The Senior Project Manager has extensive field and estimating experience. They analyze drawings and specifications, develop a scope of work, and prepare detailed estimates for specialty geotechnical projects including cost and schedules. They work closely with the pre-construction team and communicate with developers, contractors, consultants and other outside team members. They will work out of our office in Atlanta, GA and will report directly to the Vice President/Regional Manager.
Job responsibilities include:
- Seek and develop project leads through ongoing bidding and operational projects with clients
- Evaluate bid opportunities by reviewing contract documents, attending pre-bid meetings, and conducting site visit
- Determine most cost effective way to safely build the project
- Design and prepare takeoffs, schedule, budget, and proposal
- Manage the strategy for closing proposals, analyzing risks, and setting the selling price
- Deliver proposals and develop A clients through business development efforts and relationships with customer decision makers
- Develop market knowledge and apply it to future planning
- Cooperate with turning over projects to Operations after project award
- Identify and implement improvements to processes, procedures, products, or equipment
- Undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Construction Engineering or equivalent degree and experience
- PE license or ability to obtain a license
- MA or MS in Civil Engineering or Construction Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in geotechnical construction (Earth Retention, Deep foundations, Ground Improvement)
- Successful work history with designing, bidding, and managing geotechnical construction projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Travel is required
Schnabel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Schnabel participates with EVerify.