Construction Laborer- Denver Area
- 2950 S Jamaica Ct, Aurora, CO 80014, USA
Schnabel was founded in 1959 in Washington D.C. by Harry V. Schnabel Jr.
His commitment to innovation and operational efficiency was driven by an intuitive understanding of what clients valued most — getting out of the ground to street level as quickly, safely and efficiently as possible.
Over 60 years later, and now with a national footprint, Schnabel still prioritizes innovation and operational efficiency as a proven pathway to success.
Laborers tasks involve physical labor at construction sites to assist with the installation for excavation support. Main skills required include hand digging and backfilling for the installing of lagging or underpinning. Other typical laborer activities associated with sheeting and shoring include but are not limited to mixing grout, tending tieback drill rigs, shotcrete work or digging trenches, cleaning up debris or other duties.
Laborers usually work eight-hour days; however, overtime may be necessary on Saturdays or night shifts. Workers may be asked to travel. When that happens, laborers are compensated with shift pay and travel allowances. Minimum Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) required includes hard hats, gloves, eye protection and steel-toed boots. Laborers also operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, or adjustment of machinery, equipment, or materials (signaling)
- Control traffic passing near, in, or around work zones (roadway flagging)
- Load, unload, or identify building materials, machinery, or tools, distributing them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans or specifications (rigging)
- Dig, trim, clean and prepare piles, then install and backfill for hard wood lagging
- Dig, trim, ring and backfill for underpinning pits, place and vibrate concrete, mix sand-cement and dry-pack for underpinning piers
- Mix Portland cement grout
- Tend machines that pump grout or concrete as well as, apply shotcrete through spray nozzles for application to walls.
- Lubricate, clean, or repair grout pumps, mixers or other machinery, equipment, or tools
- Smooth or finish freshly poured cement or concrete, using floats, trowels, screeds, or powered cement finishing tools.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, compact and level earth, use picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, or rakes as necessary
- Tend for heavy equipment operations such as soldier pile or tieback drilling
- Be able to pass drug and alcohol screening
- Be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma or GED
- Possess valid driver's license or other accepted legal ID
- Union affiliation or willingness to take the necessary steps to join the union
- All new hires will be E-Verified
Skills, Abilities and Behaviors
- Safety conscious (comply with proper safety procedures)
- Construction laborer background preferred
- Experience with picks, shovels, and air tools for excavation
- The ability to take direction and work together with others
- Preference given for experience with forklift, small earth moving equipment such as mini excavator, or skid steer loaders.
Schnabel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Schnabel participates with EVerify.