Skilled Construction Laborers - GA
- 1295 Spring St NW, Atlanta, GA 30309, USA
Schnabel was founded in 1959 in Washington D.C. by Harry V. Schnabel Jr.
His commitment to innovation and operational efficiency was driven by an intuitive understanding of what clients valued most — getting out of the ground to street level as quickly, safely and efficiently as possible.
Over 60 years later, and now with a national footprint, Schnabel still prioritizes innovation and operational efficiency as a proven pathway to success.
Laborers assist with the installation of excavation support. Main skills required include hand digging and backfilling for the installing of lagging or underpinning. Other duties include but are not limited to mixing grout, tending tieback drill rigs, shotcrete work of digging trenches, cleaning up drbris or other duties.
Laborers also operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments. PPE requred.
Job Responsibilities (not inclusive)
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate movement of machinery or materials
- Dig, trim, clean and prepare piles, then install and backfill for hard wood lagging
- Did, trim, ring and backfille for underpinning pits, place and vebrate concrete, mix sand-cement and dry-pack for underpinning piers
- Ten machines that pump grout or concrete as well as, apply shotcrete through spray nozzles for application to walls
- Smooth or finish freshly poured cement or concrete, using floats, trowels, screeds, or powered cement finishing tools
- A minimum of 6 months construction labor work experience and good references
- Underpinning experience
- Lagging experience
- Forklift experience in a construction setting, small earth moving equipment such as mini excavator or skid steer loaders
- Be able to pass drug screening
- High school diploma or GED
- Possess valid driver's license or other accepted legal ID
- Union affiliation or willingness to take the necessary steps to join the union
- Safety conscious (comply with safety procedures)
- Experience with picks, shovels, and air tools for excavation
- Preference given for experience with forklift, small earth moving equipment such as mini excavator or skid steer loaders
Typical Physical Demands
- Ability to climb, kneel, stoop, crouch, balance, squat and tolerate heights without fear due to nature of job typically outside with often uneven and/or muddy ground
- Lift to chest height, carry and break 94-lb cement bags repeatedly throughout the workday
- Work in levels of noise, dust, moisture and temperatures normally found on construction sites
- Work in confined space
Schnabel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Schnabel participates with EVerify.