GeoStructural Engineering Summer Internship
- 2950 S Jamaica Ct, Aurora, CO 80014, USA
Schnabel is the innovative leader in designing and constructing earth retention systems and specialty foundations. Our values-based culture and the dedication of the Schnabel employee family has allowed us to consistently deliver superior projects for over half a century.
Schnabel’s product range includes soil nailing, soldier piles and lagging, sheet piles, secant piles, deep soil mixed walls, underpinning, cutoff walls, jet grouting, landslide stabilization, tiebacks, tiedowns, bracing, deep soil mixing, and micropile foundations. For more information and to view past projects, visit www.schnabel.com
Our GeoStructural Engineering program provides students with an opportunity to develop and enhance their engineering skills through hands-on learning. Students will broaden their practical knowledge and experience as well as apply professional principles to real problems under the supervision of senior engineering personnel.
As an intern, you will assume a wide variety of responsibilities at Schnabel, ensuring a solid understanding of the industry and our business. Our internship program offers countless opportunities for learning and growth.
Position Summary: Responsibilities for this position include a variety of projects including AutoCAD drafting, field data collection, site survey, project reports, quantity take-offs, design assistance and monitoring construction projects.
- Candidates must possess good oral and written communications skills, computer literacy, and a positive attitude.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of ACAD
- Understand construction drawings (ability to perform basic take-offs from drawings).
- Currently enrolled in an engineering (civil/structural/geotechnical or construction management program
- Basic understanding of surveying
- Reliable transportation (will require job site visits, travel expenses reimbursed)
- Able to work both in the office and in the field
- Must be prepared daily for field work, as required
Schnabel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Schnabel participates with EVerify.