- Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ
Title:- Programmer Analyst Specialist (Smalltalk Developer)
Location:- Parsippany, NJ
This resource will review of existing Smalltalk code for StorQMPlus and Payment Investigation (PI) to meet FIS Software development/secure coding best practice standards and auditing requirements.
5+ years VisualAge Smalltalk experience; Finance Industry experience is a plus.
Works closely with customers, business analysts and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization’s architectural standards. Involved in the full systems life cycle and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting applications software that is delivered on time and within budget. Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code. Responsibilities may also include participation in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project.
• Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
• Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications.
• Maintains, tests and integrates application components.
• Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented.
• Demonstrates an understanding of FIS systems and the financial services industry.
• Analyzes requirements, and translates business requirements into product designs.
• Writes technical specifications and other forms of documentation.
• Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems.
• Completes project assignments and special projects commensurate with job expectations.
• Conducts planning, analysis and forecasting activities to plan projects and tasks.
• May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals.
A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles (i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development)
• Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines through Unified Modeling Language (UML), use cases, etc.
• Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
• Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
• Excellent problem-solving, team, and time management skills
• Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
Expert/lead technical role. Expert knowledge of the field. Develops large and/or highly complex solutions that require analysis and research. Works on multiple projects as a project leader or technical leader/consultant. Works on complex tasks, projects or issues that involve a high degree of risk, impacts business unit performance and makes use of the individuals’ high level of knowledge within one or more areas of specialty. Coaches and mentors more junior technical staff. Works without supervision on the most complex projects. Complete latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires 12 or more years of demonstrated applications development experience with many projects as the application development system designer or technical lead on “very large” projects (i.e., projects with duration of more than 10,000 hours or spanning more than 6 months).
Thanks & Regards,
Board No:972 550 9346 Ext-334
1320 Greenway Dr, Ste 660 Irving TX-75038
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.