Rust/Swift Embedded Linux Software Engineer (ENERGY)
- Portland, OR, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Racepoint Energy is focused on developing sustainable energy solutions for homes, businesses and the utility. As a sister company to Savant Inc., we work closely with all divisions of Savant Home and GE Lighting, a Savant Company.
Savant Systems, Inc., is a true powerhouse delivering unmatched intelligent lighting and smart home solutions. Together, Savant and GE Lighting, a Savant company, offer a deep and diverse portfolio of bold and easy-to-use innovations across the retail and professional channels that are engineered for every home.
Savant, a recognized leader in home control and automation, is one of the fastest-growing smart home companies in the luxury and mid-markets. Its powerful Pro technology brings climate, lighting, entertainment, security and energy together in a single, award winning application interface for homeowners.
GE Lighting, a Savant company, has been at the forefront of every major lighting innovation, from the first light bulb to industry-first LED and smart solutions along with the world’s first voice-embedded lighting product. Today it leads the North American retail lighting market as the most trusted, recommended and likely to purchase brand.
Rust or Swift skills are required for this position.
Proximity to Portland, OR or Boston/Hyannis, MA is strongly preferred, but remote applicants willing to travel periodically to one of these locations will also be considered.
Are you a top notch software engineer excited about embedded development and the energy space?
Racepoint Energy is growing our team that is reshaping energy management and control. We would love to talk to you about an opportunity to join us as we redefine the grid and shape the future of energy!
Top Reasons to Work with Us
- You enjoy working with other top-notch engineers to tackle fun and challenging problems every day
- You want to be a valued member of a team that has a high regard for your skills and creativity
- You like making a difference developing solutions to enable smarter, greener, living
- You have an interest in energy and a penchant for tech gadgets, IoT, and great user experiences!
What You Will Be Doing
- Developing efficient, scalable linux-based software and platforms to be deployed to millions of users
- Delivering tools and frameworks to ensure the security and stability of high availability embedded systems
- Working with our cloud and mobile teams to implement robust software features
- Applying creative solutions to a wide array of challenges
What You Need for this Position
- 2+ years of professional linux development experience with a preference for embedded platforms. Yocto experience a plus
- Solid knowledge of processor architecture, operating system concepts, and modern software development processes and best practices
- Working knowledge in C, C++, C#, Swift, Rust or Go, with a preference for Rust or Swift
- Practical knowledge of one or more modern version control systems. Git preferred
- An aptitude for debugging and troubleshooting embedded system software, especially where IDE tools aren't available
- Ability to communicate effectively with other technical resources and customers
- B.S. Electrical or Computer Eng. or C.S. strongly preferred, though other paths to mastery will be considered
- Proximity to Portland, Boston/Hyannis preferred, but remote applicants with some travel capability will also be considered
What’s In It for You?
- Competitive base salary and equity
- Strong benefits package including great health plan options
- Use of cool home automation gear in your home as part of our alpha program!
- Relocation options are available
Savant Systems, Inc (Savant) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), gender (including gender identity, gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, domestic violence victim status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Savant does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Savant and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.