Principal Data Scientist
- 7800 Dallas North Tollway, Plano, TX 75024, USA
Sapience Analytics is a SaaS software provider focused on providing world class Workplace Analytics to companies around the world. Sapience is the complete People Analytics solution. Most People Analytics solutions focus on understanding work patterns either by collecting data from external sources, for partial work activity, from only selective applications or surveys. Sapience is the only tool that captures work patterns from within the organization and across all applications. Sapience provides unprecedented visibility into how your people work and insights to manage them better.
Our Data Scientists utilize their analytical, statistical, and programming skills to collect, analyze, and interpret large data sets. They then use this information to develop data-driven solutions to difficult business challenges. Data scientists commonly have a bachelor's degree in statistics, math, computer science, or economics. Data scientists have a wide range of technical competencies including: statistics and machine learning, coding languages, databases, machine learning, and reporting technologies.
We are looking for a Data Scientist who will support our product, sales, leadership and marketing teams with insights gained from analyzing company data. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging product data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from product databases and other third-party systems to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.