Internship Product Owner
- Rotterdam, Netherlands
Always been interested in combining business & technology for building great products? The Sana Product Team is responsible for building the roadmap for our B2B e-commerce platform Sana Commerce Cloud. We are looking for an enthusiastic full-time intern for the product department in the Netherlands for 2-4 months in early 2021.
We try to understand our customers’ needs as best as possible, develop the product vision, and negotiate with stakeholders about priorities and requirements. And then actually build the features together with our development teams! Your tasks include:
- Investigate our customers and empathize with their desires and struggles to get a full view of who they are and what they need;
- Mix strategic thinking with technical insights and invent new ideas for features and improvements;
- Pitch plans and ideas to the product team and stakeholders for gathering input and validation;
- Define, organize and prioritize features and improvements that make our customers happy;
- Create User Stories & Epics for actually building the features with a team.
What’s in it for you?
- Personal development. We believe that as our company grows, our people should be able to grow with us. During your internship, we will focus on your personal learning goals and make sure that we work on that! Next to that, you will learn a lot on-the-job and, you can also join internal trainings for all our employees. Together with your manager you are in charge of your own personal growth;
- Onboarding and buddy program. It’s always quite new and exciting to start your next adventure. We value a strong onboarding. You will be joining our general onboarding, will be introduced to a buddy and will get a role specific onboarding as well;
- Entrepreneurial environment. We are a fast-growing international scale-up organization in software. We encourage initiatives and ideas from our people. We like to accomplish things together as a team;
- Health and well-being. We believe that every employee should be at their best. So, we like to help a little bit with that, physically and mentally. In our offices we have fresh fruits available, we offer weekly bootcamp sessions and we offer several workshops focused on health and wellbeing for our people;
- Extra benefits: We offer flexible working hours, Friday afternoon drinks in our very own bar (bi-monthly themed versions of this including dinner), table tennis, monthly chair massages, Wednesdays toastie lunch and many more. Interested to learn more? Check our employee guide!
What you bring along:
- Enrolled as a Bachelor or Master student;
- Available for at least 3-4 days a week;
- Communication skills: listening to customers and asking the right questions, and presenting plans to our development teams requires excellent communication skills.
- Technical expertise: having a natural passion for solving technical / analytical puzzles.
- Business feeling: enjoying finding the right balance between value for our customers, but also for us as a company.
- Creative & research skills: leaving no stone unturned, discover hidden insights and review trends and the competition.
- Team player.
- Fluent in English (Dutch not required).
It all started in 2007, with a pizza and a plan. One evening in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, five people came together over a pizza and set out to create a B2B e-commerce platform unlike any other. And Sana Commerce was born.
Sana Commerce is an e-commerce platform designed to help manufacturers, distributors and wholesalers succeed by fostering lasting relationships with customers who depend on them. How? By making our customers’ SAP or Microsoft Dynamics ERP and e-commerce work as one. This unlocks total customer convenience, reliability without compromise, and constant evolution.
Sana Commerce is currently powered by more than 400 employees. We all have our own expertise and specialties, from sales and marketing to project management and more. But we’re all driven by the same goal: to make our customers’ e-commerce projects a success.
Our core values
So, what does being a part of the Sana team mean? Below is a list of our core values — the most important beliefs we look for in new colleagues and the foundation of our company culture. They guide us in our decision making and they define Sana’s personality as an organization.
- Entrepreneurial. Sana exists today because a few people had a great idea and brought that idea to life. Sana continues to grow and thrive because that same entrepreneurial spirit is still strong within the company.
- Result driven. We’re an ambitious group here at Sana, there’s no denying that. We set tough targets and give our all to reach them. Of course, we also know that being result-driven is about more than just KPIs. It’s about creating value, tackling challenges head-on and supporting our colleagues in reaching their goals.
- Committed. No one said that getting 10,000 active clients by 2030 was going to be easy! We’re in it for the long haul. Through good times and bad, we stick together because we believe in our product, our promise and our people.
- Team spirit. We love working together, learning from each other, and celebrating success. At Sana, everyone is eager to help their colleagues and success is always a team effort.